Glencairn whiskey glasses discovered in the Den

robert2

My wife and I were on the “Journey” for the 12 night Adriatic cruise in October, 2022.  After the evening show, we usually went to the Den for a drink and to listen to the piano player. The first time we went, I ordered a single malt scotch. I told the waiter that I wanted it neat and inquired if he could put it into a whiskey glass. He didn’t know what I was talking about, so I told him to pour it into a small wine glass. The next evening, I again order a scotch. The waiter remembered me, and he brought it over in a wine glass. The following night, I thought I would try something different. I drew the waiter a picture of a whiskey glass. To my surprise, he poured my scotch into a whiskey glass, which was engraved with the name of the Macallan distillery. After I finished, he told me that I could take the glass back to my cabin. I thanked him and told him I didn’t want to take his only engraved glass back to my cabin. He disappeared into the room behind the bar and returned with a smile on his face and a large tray, which was filled with Glencairn whiskey glasses.

IMG-4500.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't think many bars use these glasses. I was pleasantly  surprised that they were available on the Journey. Apparently,  the waiters and bartenders in the Den didn't know that they were whiskey glasses. 

Also, there is a nice selection of single malt scotch, and the price is at least half of what you would pay in a bar in the States.

• Like 2