A little late to the party…my thoughts on Mardi Gras! Lotsa pix! The Great, the Good, and the slightly annoying

geonurse

Black and White bread pudding excellent.

What we didn’t care for about Rudi was the ambiance. It was noisy and crowded and the tables were all too close together. The venue size did not support the amount of diners and it just didn’t leave us feeling like it was specialty dining. The free dining venues of Chibang and Cucina were more enjoyable and felt more special. Weird.

FF198947-C2A8-4BC7-8C73-45ACF1BA10C5.jpeg

6 hours ago, geonurse said:

Black and White bread pudding excellent.

What we didn’t care for about Rudi was the ambiance. It was noisy and crowded and the tables were all too close together. The venue size did not support the amount of diners and it just didn’t leave us feeling like it was specialty dining. The free dining venues of Chibang and Cucina were more enjoyable and felt more special. Weird.

FF198947-C2A8-4BC7-8C73-45ACF1BA10C5.jpeg

I agree. The tables for two are smashed together so tightly that you have to turn sideways to move between them. Took away all the ambience for us. Couldn’t relax and enjoy the food when we were worried about bumping elbows with the strangers at the next table!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 2:23 PM, geonurse said:

Wow- no, we sailed to San Juan, Amber cove and grand Turk dec 2-10♥️

We were parked right next to y'all in San Juan that week.  The Spirit looked like a row boat next to MG.

Edited by CajunOyster
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 6:28 PM, hfdad said:

What are the breakfast options for the days in port. Many of the excursions leave before 0800.

We didn’t have to depart the ship before 9 am on any of our port days so I’m sorry I can’t answer that! 

We really loved Cucina del Capitano on this ship❣️ We have never eaten there for dinner on any of our other cruises ( lunch a couple times, but never dinner) but this week we had dinner there twice. 
The service and atmosphere here were both excellent.

C395ABDF-8498-4D84-9F4C-EB7B30DF4541.jpeg

72464489-B981-46A7-B9E3-DF8F5BEDA96A.jpeg

11 hours ago, geonurse said:

We really loved Cucina del Capitano on this ship❣️ We have never eaten there for dinner on any of our other cruises ( lunch a couple times, but never dinner) but this week we had dinner there twice. 
The service and atmosphere here were both excellent.

Same story with us.  We had never tried Cucina for dinner before because, well, it costs extra and we never felt the need.  Tried it on the Mardi Gras and we liked the food, service and atmosphere so much that, like you, we returned again for dinner.     (Of course, we went there for complimentary pasta-bowl lunch as well.)  

My friend John was born in Italy and was pleasantly surprised by the cuisine, which is high praise from him.    

• Like 1