Carnival Panorama - Puerta Vallarta - What time will we likely be able to get off the ship?

iatag

I am considering booking a tour which has a set meeting time.  The Panorama Itinerary and cruise port schedules show us in port at 9:00 am.  Can any recent cruisers share their experience as to what time (local PV time) you were allowed to get off the boat in this port?  The tour meeting point is a very short walk within the Cruise port.   We would need to be off the boat by 9:20 or so.  Thanks!

(I do know that times are not guaranteed at any port, just curious as to what recent cruisers have experienced.)

• Like 1

PV is always one hour ahead of ship time.  So, 9:20AM PVR time = 8:20AM ship time.  HOWEVER, Mexico has ended daylight savings time and does not intend to move its clocks forward.  So come March, this may change.

The ship is neatly always early and passengers may leave the ship beginning around 7AM (8AM PVR time), but obviously some people have priority.  9:20AM would make me uncomfortable - have you contacted the tour operator though?  Many work around the Panorama's schedule...

Thanks, Itried4498.  Operator wouldn't directly answer my questions pertaining to port schedules/ship times but did try to steer me to another option that was more flexible timewise. The operator did not offer a refund if we didn't arrive in time, unless the ship fails to port which would trigger a full refund.  Can't blame them for that late arrival policy since they would be reserving space for us on a tour that has a set schedule.

I have booked many non-cruiseline excursions, but they have typically been private and/or offered more schedule flexibility.  I will likely pursue other options (no sense in adding stress to vacation) but would still appreciate any feedback from recent Panorama cruisers as to what is the earliest time (local time) they were able to get off the boat in PV.  We cruise in late January.

I've done the "Love Boat" itinerary a few dozen times since 2000 (I live in SoCal; I'd rather spend the money it'd cost me to go to an East Coast port on another vacation, rather than travel expense).  I goofed in my previous posting - the ship arrives between 6AM-7AM PST, which is 7AM-8AM ship time and 8AM-9AM PVR time.  For reference, four of the last five cruises arrived around 7:30AM-7:45AM ship time (the fifth was slightly delayed due to a medical incident, which was discussed on here previously).  That's 8:30AM-8:45AM PVR time.  

People may leave the ship shortly after it docks (and those with priority go first), but unless the tour company is working around the Panorama's schedule (and some/most do), 9:20AM is stretching it.  A single recent experience isn't going to give you any definite answer to make a decision on.

Edited by Itried4498