Buying cruise certificates onboard

KyleClark

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

It is funny they push it so hard and fast, on my recent cruise there were 10 channels on the TV that were either devoted to the certificates or had multiple ads for them.  If the certificates are such a good deal for customers and cost NCL money why do they push them so hard?  Are they just trying to get cash now to keep the line afloat and plan on raising rates to negate the certificates in the future?

There’s quite a few people who had expiry dates extended due to the covid stoppages and those vouchers are all about to expire. They aim to get everyone to buy 4 or 8 vouchers depending on their preferred stateroom. E.g. I book studios or insides so I can’t apply more than 1 voucher to any booking but if I was inclined to book suites or haven cabins they’d be pushing me to buy 8 vouchers as I could use 2 per booking as long as they’re far enough out. 

I won’t be buying any on my next cruise as I still have 3 that will be expiring in 2025. I’m hoping to convert one of my friends to cruise holidays so I can give her a couple of vouchers to use.