OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE DEC- JAN 8 2023

morpheusofthesea

Decided to try out Le Cabaret Rouge tonight as the Chora (Madison)Theatre is at  later times.(will post daily planners). Sail away was at 6:30. Did not clear until nearly 1 pm. Butler blamed it on immigration at port. Lunch in YC was packed as no buffet at One Pool Deck was too cold and rain. Had to close all the bars on ship so guests would return to staterooms to watch muster video, dial 881, then report to muster stations to have key card scanned. YC stateroom key card over ride is hit or miss.

Arrived at Ocean Cay at around 5 am this morning. Appears overcast. Waiting for sunrise. It’s about 71 degrees so far. This act is an example of offering in Le Cabaret Rouge. His intro was he was on leave from some gig in Las Vegas. In this stunt he goes up to someone in the audience removes their sneaker and balances it on his nose.

CFC07888-8BB1-4DD8-8E1F-F7F249940D35.jpeg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

It appears many familiar names in the Yacht Club (can’t say faces as this is the first time we see faces). 329 in the YC. Chef Lisa is in the YC restaurant with mattress d’ Louis (pronounced with a Portuguese shush.)

Freudian slip?  Lol

16 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

More like spell check gone wrong and not proofreading before posting. Though we are still learning what is (or who is) the more important figure on a cruise ship to the total enjoyment of a cruise experience.

I fear you and I both know that the DW is the most important figure to our own personal enjoyment (read "survival") of a cruise experience!  Happy sailing and happy new year to you both!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I fear you and I both know that the DW is the most important figure to our own personal enjoyment (read "survival") of a cruise experience!  Happy sailing and happy new year to you both!

You always know the right thing to say.

PS Happy everything to you as well.

PS

Thought this was highly unusual for any cruise ship, these ash trays on either side of the bed. Perhaps a holdover from inaugural cruise? Until we got back from the show last night. Instead of a wrapped Venchi chocolate on each of our pillows, we had a wrapped Venchi placed in the center of this ‘tray’ on the side table.

71C144E7-53ED-48EA-A0DF-9A12D4433472.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just upgraded to streaming for 2 devices. Screen shot indicates that the total for 2 devices is $48 for each of us.

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 5.42.18 AM.png

Both interesting and useful information. Much appreciated as our upcoming cruise is our first in YC and we've wondered about the cost to upgrade to streaming. 

Math is clearly NOT my friend and never has been so I have to ask about your posting. 

You said that you upgraded two devices. The screen shot says that the upcharge is $16 per day/device and the total is $48.00 after 46% off.

I cannot decipher how they arrived at $48. 

Can you help?

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That's a change for the better. Hopefully, it will spread to the other ships that went pergola instead of cabana. 

I went to check out our pergola this morning and it was still too wet to use but I took a 'feel' of the roof material and it is not canvas but heavy duty white plastic vinyl.

10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Both interesting and useful information. Much appreciated as our upcoming cruise is our first in YC and we've wondered about the cost to upgrade to streaming. 

Math is clearly NOT my friend and never has been so I have to ask about your posting. 

You said that you upgraded two devices. The screen shot says that the upcharge is $16 per day/device and the total is $48.00 after 46% off.

I cannot decipher how they arrived at $48. 

Can you help?

I do not ask questions when DW demands to have the best. The browse package comes as part of the YC, so when she couldn't get on youtube I went to the mscwifi.com sign in page and it suggested upgrades to browse. I clicked on 2 devices and up came the screen I posted. Thought $48 was reasonable  and so not worth an argument over.

Here is another interesting observation. While in Ocean Cay in October on the Seashore, all the shops were open on board the ship. Most everyone was out and about on the island. We came back on board to have lunch in the air conditioning, and found that all the onboard shops, except Venchi chocolate kiosk, was giving a 20% off sale on everything for the crew, which the shops extended to guests on board. Today we went to deck 5 shops and the Venchi kiosk to do some purchasing and everything is CLOSED. We asked what has happened. It appears that there are not enough staff on board to handle Ocean Cay, so the staff of the all the shops have been commandeered to work on the island.

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I do not ask questions when DW demands to have the best. The browse package comes as part of the YC, so when she couldn't get on youtube I went to the mscwifi.com sign in page and it suggested upgrades to browse. I clicked on 2 devices and up came the screen I posted. Thought $48 was reasonable  and so not worth an argument over.

My thought is that $48 is an extremely reasonable price for the upgrade of 2 devices. I looked at your earlier posts trying to determine how long your cruise is so that I can try to import the math to match our upcoming 14 day cruise. 

Trying to determine our upgrade cost. 

Does mscwifi.com work only while onboard?

Edited by Bgwest

42 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

My thought is that $48 is an extremely reasonable price for the upgrade of 2 devices. I looked at your earlier posts trying to determine how long your cruise is so that I can try to import the math to match our upcoming 14 day cruise. 

Trying to determine our upgrade cost. 

Does mscwifi.com work only while onboard?

This is the first leg 7 days for $48. We’ll have to do it again for the next leg for another $48. Mscwifi.com needs a ID # from your key card to log on.

• Thanks 1