Roll Call: NCL Spirit 3/19/06

pinecliff76

Hi pinecliff76!

My partner and I will be sailing with you on 3/19. We're both in our twenties and from Louisville, KY... we're visiting a friend in NYC on 3/18, and the cruise seemed a natural vacation extension! Hope to see you on board-- we'll join forces to keep the nightlife going!

Awesome, hope you enjoy the city as well. You will be used to the price of drinks after being in NYC for a couple days. Sounds like there will be a bunch of spring breakers on board as well, so the nightlife should be good.

We are extremely excited to get out of the cold and bask in the sun for a couple days. We even upgraded our room to a balcony today, looking forward to the amazing views.

We're in a balcony cabin too, on Deck 11. Looking forward to the views and sunny weather (at last!)... I am just excited to feel the transition from cold NYC to warm Florida on the first day out at sea. Hopefully the ship will be full of people as pale as I am so I don't blind anyone.

This will be our second cruise together-- the first was on Cunard's Caronia in September 2004 to Britain, Ireland, and Scotland. The ports were fun but the passengers were about 95% elderly. Not that that's ALL bad, but the running joke was every time the ship lurched (which it did-- often, as we were in the tail end of Hurricane Frances at one point) we'd say "there's another broken hip!" So needless to say, we're looking forward to sharing the ship with some younger people.

Have you all cruised before?

This is my first cruise, looking forward to going to sleep and waking up in a new place. We are just going to relax, not really taking advantage of the elaborate excursion. I would have been pale but I decided to do some tanning so I wont burn.

Archived