Just book our 1st cruise

familyaffair

Hello everyone,

Just book our 1st cruise for thanksgiving week :D i am excited we will be going on the triumph total of 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) we have two rooms (that is a plus for me). So if anyone can give me the good the bad and the ugly i would appraciate it

happy cruising to all

Remember the golden rule of cruising: (actually 2 rules)

1. Don't sweat the small stuff.

2. Everything is small stuff.

Read all the tips, tricks and trade of crusing and then go and have a good time.

Well, you're in the right place! You found the CC boards, now you can read to your hearts content and you'll learn so much. You will LOVE cruising. But, I warn you ~ it's addictive! And, so are these boards. :D

Congratulations!! And Welcome!!

The good news is that you have plenty of time to read the Message Boards here and get tons of info before you cruise!! There is alot of info on the Triumph here and you can go to the Ports of Call boards and get some great tips as you plan your excursions.

I have sailed on the Triumph 2 times (once Eastern and once Western) and I think she is wonderful!!

Feel free to ask questions.

Hi Familyaffair,

Well you have already did a good thing. Your first cruise is on the Triumph. You will love her! I have been on 3 Carnival cruises (I know that is not much to alot others) But I think in my on opinion, that was our best cruise yet! We sailed her in Dec. 2001. The only thing was that we did not have a cabin steward. They all filled in for the person that was supose to be ours, we was last for everything, but that did not stop us for having the time of our lives. I would love to sail her again. We are thinking about taking her sister ship next year. Carnival Liberty! I think our CD had alot to do with the good time we had. We had John Heiad(?). He is now on the Liberty, but when we take her he will probly be on a nother ship if not the new Freedom ship. So go have a time of your life.

Relax and enjoy - the Triumph is a great ship, with a great crew. The kids camp is awesome and it's a perfect size ship, easy to get around. Just think - a vacation where you can see wonderful ports of call without unpacking to get from place to place, NO cooking, NO wondering where to go for dinner, NO paying the check after meals, NO driving, and best of all NO worries!!!

we are all excited i think i am the most :D 1. i don't have to cook (thanksgiving day or for that week). 2. sunny weather is what i need all year round 3. to relax and have a great time is the most important thing i can think of :D.

I booked with a pvp and she gave up an upgrade i hope it is a good one consdering they are having a sale right now but at this point all i want to be is on a beach somewhere with a drink in my hand living the life :D

if anyone has been ont he ship recently please let me know what you thought about the kids camp i am sure i have two that will be going and is there a basketball court on board if not i am going to be in trouble with my oldest two:o.

Also what about the soda card is it really worth it ??? or should i wait the first day and see??

I picked a late dinner so that we all can eat together and talk about how everyone day was I hope i did the right thing about that :eek: if not me and my othe half will have some nice time alone lol

ok i vcan't think of anything else at the moment but i ams ure i will

Archived