Question about Roatan Tabyana Beach Break excursion

fbe2228

We have been to Roatan several times on cruises and have always booked our own taxi to Tabyana Beach.  For our cruise next month, we have a lot of onboard credit to use up, so we figured that we would use it to book the Carnival Tabyana Beach Break.  As best I can tell from the website it looks like it is scheduled from 9:30-1:30 (stating that the excursion is 4 hours).  Will this be the actual time of the excursion, meaning that our transportation will pick us up at the ship at 9:30 and we'll be back at 1:30?  Seems like a short time at the beach since it's a 30+ minute drive and the ship doesn't leave until 6:00.

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but i think in the past (several years ago) Carnival had several busses running back and forth from the ship to Tabyana, so we would have some flexibility as to our return time (sometime after 1:30!!)

Has anyone done this recently that can let us know how this excursion works?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I haven't done it recently but you are correct that in the past there was a rotating bus service going back and forth to the ship from the beach. It started about 1:30. So you were dropped off 30-45 minutes after leaving the port and then the FIRST time you could return was 1:30 which was what was listed on the excursion and I think it ended totally around 4 maybe? Still, it could have changed but I agree that would be a short excursion. If it doesn't look like it'll sell out you could always wait until you're on the ship to book it and ask at the excursion desk. Then if it's that short now just take a cab.

• 1 month later...

Just an update:  Just back from Spirit today.  We did book the excursion as soon as we got on board with no problem.  The bus was scheduled to leave at 9:30am (it left about 9:50).  Several busses transported us to the beach (about a 40min drive or so).  They had busses returning every half hour from 12:30pm (Ship time) to 4:00.  We headed back on the 2:30 bus and ran into a bit of traffic in Coxen Hole on the way back.  Hope this helps anyone interested.  We did decide that having to be back at 1:30 would not have given us enough time at the beach.  We could have stayed a little longer, but we were getting hungry (they did have food at the beach... but... free food on board...etc...)

• Like 1