Can I prebook/buy a botle of Liquor to drink in the cabin?

glentally

Thanks for the quick reply.  Looks like the easy plus drink package is the way to go.  Only $50 per day which is a lot cheaper than the NCL cruise I just got off.  Do you or anyone  know how many drinks per day they allow?

2 hours ago, glentally said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Looks like the easy plus drink package is the way to go.  Only $50 per day which is a lot cheaper than the NCL cruise I just got off.  Do you or anyone  know how many drinks per day they allow?

It's not like Carnival.  There is no cap on the number of drinks you can have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, no1talks said:

I have a feeling MSC is going make their US-based ships more like Carnival.

🙄

Pretty much the opposite. For now they've basically stopped to sell drinks packages on 3-5 nights cruises out of the US (they'll honor those ones already purchased beforehand the decision or on ongoing TA block promotions), so, I believe they'll never to become "that" party line. Ships, even the World Europa or others of the most recent ones, are far more beautiful than whatever else Carnival has on offer. Surely the Mardi Gras or the Celebration are nice ships pushing the Carnival trademark up, but MSC plays on another league. I believe; sooner rather than later MSC will to purchase the whole NCL or RCI group (Carnival Group is extremely big in Europe for the EU competition Authorities to approve such an acquisition like that without severe correction measures. At least AIDA and Costa would need to be sold out of the new behemoth cruise group) to themselves and then they'll to become another beast, but for now they'll tend to retain their classy affordable cruise experience to endure with the usual mix of US and worldwide guests alike.

10 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

"...they've basically stopped to sell drinks packages on 3-5 nights cruises out of the US..."

Since the original topic is about liquor service, it is easy to think my assertion is based on the reputation Carnival has regarding alcohol consumption. However, I'm looking way beyond booze.

I refer to the diminishing European vibe on the US-based MSC ships. As MSC's US ships become more Americanized, culturally-speaking, the Carnival customer base will be more and more at home on MSC cruises out of US ports.

I recommend the reporting of @morpheusofthesea  as he posts from his present cruise, for evidence pointing towards the de-emphasis of MSC's European roots. There have been other recent clues mentioned by posters recounting their cruises, too.

I suspect MSC believes they can gather passengers (money) from Carnival by staying in the same entry-level price category, while making the onboard experience more culturally familiar to the Carnival base.

My wife is European and MSC was a great fit right away. How much the Americanization/Carnivalization impacts her enjoyment is yet to be determined.

4 hours ago, no1talks said:

Since the original topic is about liquor service, it is easy to think my assertion is based on the reputation Carnival has regarding alcohol consumption. However, I'm looking way beyond booze.

I refer to the diminishing European vibe on the US-based MSC ships. As MSC's US ships become more Americanized, culturally-speaking, the Carnival customer base will be more and more at home on MSC cruises out of US ports.

I recommend the reporting of @morpheusofthesea  as he posts from his present cruise, for evidence pointing towards the de-emphasis of MSC's European roots. There have been other recent clues mentioned by posters recounting their cruises, too.

I suspect MSC believes they can gather passengers (money) from Carnival by staying in the same entry-level price category, while making the onboard experience more culturally familiar to the Carnival base.

My wife is European and MSC was a great fit right away. How much the Americanization/Carnivalization impacts her enjoyment is yet to be determined.

Yeah! Understand. MSC is trying to follow the destination as per cruise experience goes. If you depart from Barcelona they'll most likely to have Flamenco dance, if from the northern Europe there will be some beer fest, if from Brazil, there will be Samba, and if from US there will be comedians and so on. Nothing against, but me thinks MSC will do whatever they can to not become the 2nd Carnival out there. They don't want the drunken crowd reputation to pick them, and they reacted hardly at their first event of the kind. And as per other threads they're apparently doing so globally. I believe they're more on the likes of capturing RCI/NCL crowd than the Carnival one. Time will tell.