Canada cruise two days in port at the beginning of the cruise. Can I embark either day ?

poolboyclay

I wasn't sure how to search for this. My Caribbean Princess cruise Embarks on the 4th, and leaves port at 5 PM on the 5th. Can we embark or at port any time

early on the 5th?

I called Princess but they said arrival time are assigned later, which wasn't my question.

The reason I am asking is I was considering flying in on the 4th which isn't usually a good idea, but flights are cheaper.

I did this cruise on the same ship this past August.  Yes, you can embark either day. If you fly in on the 4th, or before (which I highly recommend), then I recommend going ahead and board on the 4th. Use the cabin as your hotel that night. 

Keep in mind, if you have a connection on Toronto, there are only so many flights to Quebec each day. We were supposed to arrive in Quebec at 5:30pm on Wednesday. We didn't get there until 9:30am Thursday morning.  Also, keep every single piece of your flight paperwork. If there a delay, and you're flying Air Canada, you may be eligible for reimbursement. My partner and I both boot l got 1k CAD, although mine wasn't without a fight.