Leaving the Qm2 in Southampton and Customs

transatlantic fan

I gave been on Qm2 twice now but have always done self help.

Can you tell me if you have your cases taken from the ship by Cunard staff is there a collection point before or after you have been past customs?

Some people have been telling me that you collect them after you pass through customs, This would not make any sense to me as i thought they would want to check them.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Wait a minute. I did a xing last July. The custom lady came aboard and we saw her about the 2nd day of the cruise and she stamped our passports and all that. I did not have my luggage w/ me.

Then the luggage was collected very early the morning of arrival and I did not see it again until I got into the warehouse at the dock.

I never saw another custom official. They may have scanned my luggage wo/ me.....but my pass port was already stamped etc so I loaded up into the bus and we went directly to London.

Wait a minute. I did a xing last July. The custom lady came aboard and we saw her about the 2nd day of the cruise and she stamped our passports and all that. I did not have my luggage w/ me.

Then the luggage was collected very early the morning of arrival and I did not see it again until I got into the warehouse at the dock.

I never saw another custom official. They may have scanned my luggage wo/ me.....but my pass port was already stamped etc so I loaded up into the bus and we went directly to London.

Yes but on your way from the luggage area to the bus you would have passed through customs.

David.

You have to remember that British customs and immigration are very different from American customs and immigration.

True, you can pass through customs and not see an officer at all.

David.

You definitely pass through customs after collecting luggage. Unlike the US it does not involve being questioned or having paperwork to hand in. You walk through a small room containing an unmanned desk. When I have disembarked there has never been any staff on duty. I once tried to declare something and had to do it by phone.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Archived