New Years Eve Past

CruiseHealing

As we are land based today,  DW and I were talking about our two NYE cruises.  The first one was on the Destiny (now Sunshine) out of Miami.  The second NYE cruise was out of Galveston on the Ecstasy.  

What do we remember of the two NYE cruises.:

1. On both cruises the champagne was flowing the minute we boarded the ships. It only happened on embarkation day and NYE evening.

2.  Both cruises were packed with guests, with everyone enjoying the party atmosphere.

3.  The MDR was really good every night.  Since there was no YTD the dining room was packed.

4. There seemed to be some type of dancing on the ship the every day.

5.  On the Ecstasy cruise the talk on the ship was that it will rain on NYE night.  But in fact the rained held off until after we sang “Auld Lang Syne” them the skies opened up. Everybody ran for cover.  The Captain knew what he was doing!

6. We were in Nassau on New Year’s Day on the Ecstasy cruise and every store was closed. But they had a parade down Bay Street. A lot of fun and great Bahamas tradition photos.

7. Down Side was driving back to Austin with a hangover. I had to go back work the next day.

What were your NYE memories?

Our only NYE cruise was in 2015 on the Magic from Galveston. Most of my memories match yours as far as activities and champagne flowing. SO MUCH FUN!!!  I have been trying to figure out how to make another work with our schedule every year since then. 

E6DA7AF0-D620-4C6B-AA3A-2ED810890346.jpeg