Disappearing excursions

Hobar

Booked excursions on Venture for April-May 2023, and then all but two disappeared - kayaking in the Amazon, but lost Casablanca, Normandy and others.  Nothing else even listed.  Anyone know what’s going on?  (We will then be on Ovations for Iceland / Copenhagen cruise July-Aug 2023 and lots of excursions on that latter cruise.). 

Edited by Hobar
Punctuation
  • Like 1

I know from experience that there are few things more deflating than launching a thread and have no-one reply.

I can't help with your question except to say that on our upcoming March -April Odyssey trip there were very few excursions listed until just a couple of days ago; now there are loads. Maybe in your case it's one of those SB 'updating the website' things and they will all be back soon?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:41 PM, Hobar said:

Booked excursions on Venture for April-May 2023, and then all but two disappeared - kayaking in the Amazon, but lost Casablanca, Normandy and others.  Nothing else even listed.  Anyone know what’s going on?  (We will then be on Ovations for Iceland / Copenhagen cruise July-Aug 2023 and lots of excursions on that latter cruise.). 

Most likely no one answered because they don't know the answer. I suspect its the usual Seabourn website issues with a little corporate understaffed with newbies incompetence thrown in.

You will need to call them directly to try and  solve this issue, or wait a week or 2 to sort itself out.

We are on the Odyssey Feb and March. We had no excursions listed for the Australian weeks until a less then a month ago.. Our TA said not to worry that excursions since Covid have been slower to pin down on many cruise lines. It was disconcerting but she was right. We now have excellent choices.

• Like 1

On our recent 65day Grand Pacific    numerous tours were cancelled with just 36 hours notice and with nothing to replace them  add on for first 3 weeks the only tours supposedly available were for ports we were not even visiting !!!   Quite what Head Office are employing i have no idea but its like their flight people who booked connecting flights that had left an hour before you even landed from the first one !! 

• We are Seabourn newbies. We got a good offer for last leg of Odessey's transpacific voyage from Honolulu to Vancouver. So far there have been very few shore excursion options. We're covered in Hilo beyond that, there's not much. 🤷‍♂️

Paul & Jane

On 1/13/2023 at 6:45 PM, Wings55 said:

We got a good offer for last leg of Odessey's transpacific voyage from Honolulu to Vancouver. So far there have been very few shore excursion options.

One might observe that there's a lot of ocean between Honolulu and Vancouver without ports and therefore without excursions! 🤣🤣

The cruise I posted about was cancelled this week due to Venture going into dry dock to repair the stabilizers - but alas, we now booked Antarctica, and the stabilizers will be functional.  

Edited by Hobar

On 1/19/2023 at 3:39 PM, cruiseej said:

One might observe that there's a lot of ocean between Honolulu and Vancouver without ports and therefore without excursions! 🤣🤣

@cruiseejOne might also point out the ship visits six ports: Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Nawiliwili, Victoria and Vancouver. Seabourn offers seven shore excursions in Hilo and one in Nawiliwili.

Please tell me; are those the type of numbers you expect when you book a cruise?

5 hours ago, Wings55 said:

@cruiseejOne might also point out the ship visits six ports: Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Nawiliwili, Victoria and Vancouver. Seabourn offers seven shore excursions in Hilo and one in Nawiliwili.

Please tell me; are those the type of numbers you expect when you book a cruise?

Oops, looks like yuu posted on wrong thread as this not responsive to the OP.   

13 hours ago, Hobar said:

Oops, looks like yuu posted on wrong thread as this not responsive to the OP.   

You originally posted, "Booked excursions on Venture for April-May 2023, and then all but two disappeared - kayaking in the Amazon, but lost Casablanca, Normandy and others.  Nothing else even listed." My first comment was that Seabourn had not offered any excursions for most of our port calls. I thought that sounded similar to your experience with a lack of options. 
I apologize if I misunderstood.

Paul

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wings55 said:

My reply to your post had two laughing-out-loud emojis to convey that I was joking about the fact that most of your trip is at sea. I'm sorry you didn't see the humor as intended.

As a more serious answer: Honolulu is where you board, so there wouldn't be any excursions listed. Vancouver is where you disembark, so there are usually not excursions listed; onboard, you will likely receive a choice fo an airport transfer or and airport transfer with a tour. So you actually have four port stops on your cruise: Hilo, Maui and Kauai, and Victoria. Fortunately, these are all destinations where there is plenty you can do on your own from the cruise dock.

The stop in Kauai is fairly short (listed as departing at 3 pm), so what I'd expect for there is an excursion to Waimea canyon; there's just not enough time to get up to the north shore and back. I'm not sure why there are no excursions listed for Maui, though; that seems odd. The good thing is that you can probably book something on your own (and for less than Seabourn would charge!); there are tons of tour operators on Maui, and many will have pickups at the cruise port there. Or rent a car for the day. Go on the Road to Hana, go to the top of Haleakala, or go to a beach/beach resort for the day. And in Victoria, it's again a short (6 hour) stop, but I'm sure you can get a tour, or just take a cab, to Butchart Gardens (the must-do destination if you've never been here before), or just walk around the city if you prefer.

@Hobar Sorry to have hijacked your thread! 🙂  Bowing out now…

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Wings55 said:

Actually, there are only four ports visited that could possibly have excursions, because Honolulu and Vancouver are the ports of embarkation and disembarkation. 

My hunch is that most people who book this cruise as an independent voyage are primarily looking for the experience of sea days.  Additionally, there still is more than three months left prior to the cruise and I suspect more excursions will be added.

2 hours ago, Wings55 said:

You originally posted, "Booked excursions on Venture for April-May 2023, and then all but two disappeared - kayaking in the Amazon, but lost Casablanca, Normandy and others.  Nothing else even listed." My first comment was that Seabourn had not offered any excursions for most of our port calls. I thought that sounded similar to your experience with a lack of options. 
I apologize if I misunderstood.

Paul

My bad.  I stand corrected and apologize.