Britannia dining options and supplements

lilacsam

It’s been awhile but back to a winter cruise….Caribbean in February.

I can’t find how much the speciality dining will cost, previously it was ££p.p.

I would appreciate some info 

many thanks in advance

11 hours ago, lilacsam said:

It’s been awhile but back to a winter cruise….Caribbean in February.

I can’t find how much the speciality dining will cost, previously it was ££p.p.

I would appreciate some info 

many thanks in advance

Epicurean:  I've just paid £24 pp, booking ahead. I'm not sure if it's a pound or two more, once on board.

Sindhu:  £10 pp cover charge if you pre-book, which comes off the bill. The dishes are charged by the plate. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner.

Glass House:  The dishes are charged by the plate, and you can get a trio of starters or desserts for a set price. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner. They also do a set price meal for which each course is paired with a wine; I think that is more than £30 or so.

Beach. House:  £7.50 gets you three courses, somes dishes incur a supplement of between £1 and £8.50. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner.

Limelight Club:  It depends on the act, but anywhere between £25 and £32 or thereabouts. It's a couple of quid cheaper if you book from home.

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Epicurean:  I've just paid £24 pp, booking ahead. I'm not sure if it's a pound or two more, once on board.

Sindhu:  £10 pp cover charge if you pre-book, which comes off the bill. The dishes are charged by the plate. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner.

Glass House:  The dishes are charged by the plate, and you can get a trio of starters or desserts for a set price. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner. They also do a set price meal for which each course is paired with a wine; I think that is more than £30 or so.

Beach. House:  £7.50 gets you three courses, somes dishes incur a supplement of between £1 and £8.50. You can download a sample menu on your cruise planner.

Limelight Club:  It depends on the act, but anywhere between £25 and £32 or thereabouts. It's a couple of quid cheaper if you book from home.

Epicurean £28 on Britannia in December. You could not book before being onboard so no discount if you had OBC

Glasshouse - £7.95 for three tapa style dishes, singly priced from 2.95 to £4.50.  Fish and chips if I recall was around £6.00.  Walk in lunchtime, use app after 6.00pm or physical queue.

Limelight Club: Eric & Ern £25.00pp, John Partridge £25.00pp, Cheryl Baker £25.00pp, Chesney Hawkes £35.00pp.  Bookable in advance so discount applied.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Epicurean £28 on Britannia in December. You could not book before being onboard so no discount if you had OBC

Glasshouse - £7.95 for three tapa style dishes, singly priced from 2.95 to £4.50.  Fish and chips if I recall was around £6.00.  Walk in lunchtime, use app after 6.00pm or physical queue.

Limelight Club: Eric & Ern £25.00pp, John Partridge £25.00pp, Cheryl Baker £25.00pp, Chesney Hawkes £35.00pp.  Bookable in advance so discount applied.

I remember now you write that, we paid £27 onboard for Epicurean on Britannia in September. I paid £24 last week for Arvia next week, and that was before the Peninsula discount. Perhaps they're pricing it low with it being a new ship. 

Just now, TigerB said:

I remember now you write that, we paid £27 onboard for Epicurean on Britannia in September. I paid £24 last week for Arvia next week, and that was before the Peninsula discount. Perhaps they're pricing it low with it being a new ship. 

I'm told Epicurean is rising to £30 but I wasn't told a date however.  Interesting you could book meals on Arvia before sailing, we couldn't book anything except the Limelight Club.

We were supposedly sailing full but for the first time I can recall there was availability in Epicurean for all but Christmas Day and the last sea day.  Even Sindhu appeared to have slots if you dined at 6.00pm or 9.00pm and I've never seen that before.

The ability to book prior to boarding was something I missed and hopefully it will come back soon.

42 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm told Epicurean is rising to £30 but I wasn't told a date however.  Interesting you could book meals on Arvia before sailing, we couldn't book anything except the Limelight Club.

We were supposedly sailing full but for the first time I can recall there was availability in Epicurean for all but Christmas Day and the last sea day.  Even Sindhu appeared to have slots if you dined at 6.00pm or 9.00pm and I've never seen that before.

The ability to book prior to boarding was something I missed and hopefully it will come back soon.

For our Britannia trip in September, Epicurean and the Limelight Club were the only things we could book from home.

I am surprised about all the dining options on Arvia that can be booked now. We've booked Epicurean, Sindhu, Green & Co, and have even been able to book our MDR for the same slot every night except the last one.  Mizuhana, The Olive Grove, and 6th Street Diner can also be booked now; and, of course, the Limelight Club.

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

For our Britannia trip in September, Epicurean and the Limelight Club were the only things we could book from home.

I am surprised about all the dining options on Arvia that can be booked now. We've booked Epicurean, Sindhu, Green & Co, and have even been able to book our MDR for the same slot every night except the last one.  Mizuhana, The Olive Grove, and 6th Street Diner can also be booked now; and, of course, the Limelight Club.

Perhaps it's to help ease all the problems they had on the maiden.  Assumedly if they can see the number of bookings in advance and where people are going then they hopefully will b able to control the flow in the two MDRs where the trouble has been.

• Like 1

Not being able to book anything on Britannia before boarding ( except the limelight club) was a real pain and meant that DH had to dash down to the reception to do the bookings as soon as we got on the ship as we had read reports that venues were booked out from the start of cruises. Imagine our surprise therefore when we attended the Epicurean for our Christmas Day evening dinner to find the restaurant barely half full. In fact the waiting staff were starting to remove the place settings just after 21.00 hours in readiness for the next day’s breakfast.