Ship's transfer from Civitavecchia to FCO with tour of Rome?

flahagan

Our transatlantic on the Divina arrives in Civitavecchia on June 9 and MSC offers a transfer to FCO that includes a 5 hour drive past the highlights of Rome with a stop at St. Peter's.  I've been to Rome (and throughout Italy) a number of times so I'm thinking of taking this as a scenic way to the airport, spend the night in an airport hotel and fly out the next AM.  Is this possible, or will the shuttle only take us to the gate of our airline?  Hopefully your luggage goes on the bus with you?

Yes this is possible and the luggage goes with you. But from the airport hotels only the B&B Hotel Roma Fiumicino Aeroporto Fiera 1 is on the way where the bus can drop you. Probably there are a few more in this area called "Leonardo Park". But this one I stayed and can recommend. South of the airport there are billions more, but this is not so convenient.

20 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Yes this is possible and the luggage goes with you. But from the airport hotels only the B&B Hotel Roma Fiumicino Aeroporto Fiera 1 is on the way where the bus can drop you. Probably there are a few more in this area called "Leonardo Park". But this one I stayed and can recommend. South of the airport there are billions more, but this is not so convenient.

Oh, I was thinking the Hilton Airport Hotel might be convenient for a dropoff since it is basically connected by a covered walkway.  So do you think the Hilton wouldn't work?

Certainly the Hilton would work 🙂

But if you not get a special rate it will be four or five times the rate of any other four star hotel. With no advantage in quality or service in my humble opinion. Sometimes the Hiltons are normally prices, sometimes

absolutely ridiculous, no idea how the system works.

But if money doesn't matter this is certainly the most convenient option.