back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

I have never experienced this ship, but find it hard to believe that it could be this bad. I have been on 7 cruises, 4 with Carnival, and only to Carnival have I returned. RCI was probably the "worst" customer service, but we just made it work for us anyway. Princess had the best food. My last one on the Pride there were a few nights the food could have been better, but most was quite good, as on the other Carnival cruises. Chair hogs exist on ALL cruises, and the only solution is to sit in the chair anyway, and see if they come back. If it has been more that 1/2 hour, tell them the rules and it is too bad, now they can take someone elses chair. If you book excursions other than Carnival don't expect priority, that is ignorance. They make extra money on the exursions they book, so what do you think they will do??? Simple economics. And once off the ship, they are not responsible for the excursions themselves, they are still operated idependantly. However your complaints can help if there are too many, Carnival can contract with another company. This board is so we are knowledgable before we go, ingorance is no excuse if you read these boards.

ROTFLMAO!:D

For lv2crooz2:

Battery!, not electric toys!. Geez, somebody/thing could get hurt with that much power.:rolleyes:

For LHP:

Food for thought: IF you wanted to be a trollish, I submit this posting is a reference standard on how to set this board off.:(

Joe Peka: I'll drink to that! , if I'm wrong and it's not a troll.

Lastly, I should have posed a question about towel animals. Can't remember everything. . . . . . Honey, where is that bottle of Aricept?

No, it is not a troll. The OP posted a few times before leaving on their cruise (beginning on Feb 3rd). They asked very specific questions about directions for Captain M's, since they had booked that excursion independently. They also asked if they should book the dolphins independently or through the ship. Again, this was their first cruise.

I had stated repeatedly that they probably did not do enough research to find the right "fit" for them in the cruise industry.

But none of the above excuses them coming back on these boards and acting like they have a starfish up their fanny. There was a mature, responsible way they could have handled it and they choose not to go that route. They are hitting all the BB's with their "horror" story. I truly believe they think they are going to stop someone from cruising with Carnival by "throwing this fit". And of course, we all know that is ridiculous.

One can only hope that they have not returned to these boards, because they are embarassed about their post. Not likely, but perhaps!

Maybe they should have checked out this websight that offers a virtual tour,menu's and other information on the ships that you are going on. I found it to be an extremely useful tool for finding information on the ship that you are going to be sailing on. I hope this helps someone in the future. http://www.cruisestateroom.com/virtualtours.htm

Why not HIJACK it!

Here we go cruise critic members. Let's all offer our opinions to these questions?

#1, Is the OP a troll?

#2 Do you give a rats pitottie(sp) if someone else wears jeans on formal night?

#3 Do you visit the F-Deck?

#4 Do you visit Derf's links?

#5 (Last, but not least.)Do you bring a portable battery operated personal appliance with you on the cruise?

Please answer like this:

yes,no,no,yes,sometimes!:D:D:D:rolleyes:

yes...no...yes(every chance I get)...Love 'em...ummmmm(as long as the batteries are removed):eek: yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joepeka

Well, after slightly more than 36 hours, nearly 300 replies and over 11,000 views, I'm thinking the OP is probably leaning back and saying "... my work here is done." ;)

Wow, someone filled with that much hate, bringing all theese people together, joking and laughing, making light of a situation that was explosive...I really don't think that is what the OP intended.:rolleyes:

Personally I think the money that was spent for the OP to go on a cruise would have been better well spent on a family war wagon and a trip to "Wally World"

The OP's complaints were more than complaints, the delivery of his review was immature and boorish. Yes everyone has a right to their opinions, but come on people, when someone states that they have a hatred for someone in particular is pretty extreme. okok...I know, CD's can be annoying, but hatered for one of them? Sheesh...sounds more like a big bully picking on a smaller boy on the playground.

Back from the worst cruise ever?? You were on the Titanic??

OK - so maybe it wasn't the worst cruise ever. Let's change the title to "Back from the second worst cruise ever."

Wait, maybe that would be the Lousitania. Or the USS Indianapolis. Or the ........

If the worst thing he has to complain about is his petty-a$$ed crap like he wrote about, he is one lucky SOB. Wah wah wah wah wah.

Wow- sure is fun busting on him! Thanks guys - I'm having fun at work. Sshhhhh - don't tell the boss :D

well, i am going to put this post to bed by saying since he clearly has such a '' vile hatred '' for carnival , all of us who love to cruise on her will never have to be on the same ship with this whiner. there is a god ;) .

Nothin' wrong with that. Keep your gourmet chocolate. Give me Hershey's every time.!!

Good Morning Habby...do you need me to send you some?...LOL...I live in western MD and work in PA...we occasionally go to the Hershey theme park and do chocolate world...best smell in the world in MOH.

Hi. I brother was on that exact cruise and had a wonderful time. I guess sometimes expectations are different for different people. He is in his early 40's, went by himself just to relax.

Really a good time on this cruise...with the OP? He must have been in the group that had 3 dolphins;)

Good Morning Habby...do you need me to send you some?...LOL...I live in western MD and work in PA...we occasionally go to the Hershey theme park and do chocolate world...best smell in the world in MOH.

Good morning to you chrly, and THANKS!!

Actually, with Valentine's Day last month, I stocked up on clearance bags to hold me over until Easter. I'll just have to keep dreaming of the theme park for now though!!

Perhaps the reason for OP's weight loss is that he spent the majority of the time running to the purser's desk to pi$$ and moan about stupid crap and the rest of the cruise carrying freaking deck chairs from one end of the ship to the other.

I'm a newbie to cruising (my only cruise to date was on the Ecstasy), and while not everything was perfect, we still had a blast. Now that we've booked our second, you can be sure I'm reading these boards, and picking the brains of all you experienced cruisers. Some of us save and plan for our vacation; doesn't make sense not to do your homework.. :confused:

Hate is such a strong word to use regarding any vacation, but especially on a cruise. A beautiful ship, a foo foo drink for the asking, exotic ports, sunsets at sea, new friends, and dishes my family and I might never get to try in our little town-that's heaven. I hope the OP gives cruising another try. If not, I'll be happy to finish that not-so-prime rib for her.:D

Lisa

5/01 Ecstasy

5/06 Paradise

"I'm goin' where the weather suits my clothes"

Carnival Crusie Lines has the highest statisfaction rate in the industry......98%. I guess the op falls in the 2%. He/She should have used the Vacation Guarantee. No other cruise lines offers anything like the Vacation Guarantee. Sorry you had a horrible cruise.

Vacation Guarantee:

This program is designed to push the first time cruiser who may be leery of cruising to commit to buying a cruise by providing the guest the option that they may leave the cruise if they don't like the experience.

The following is how the Vacation Guarantee is worded in our consumer ads:

"Carnival introduces the first ever Cruise Vacation Guarantee. Book your cruise vacation and sail away on one of our modern "Fun Ships". If you are not completely satisfied with your vacation experience, all you need to do is notify us before arrival at the first port of call and you may disembark at your ship's first non-U.S. port of call. Carnival will refund the unused portion of your cruise fare and pay for your flight back."

. Valid for sailings through and including 12/14/07; not applicable on

Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Europe and Cruises-to-Nowhere.

. This program is not only for the first time cruiser, but will apply to all guests on these cruises regardless of when they booked. This program applies to U.S. and Canadian residents only.

. Vacation Guarantee valid only if guest informs ship's front desk of election to disembark and receive pro-rata refund before the ship's arrival at the first port of call.

. Refund amount will be calculated by multiplying amount of cruise fare (excluding air supplement) paid by guest by number of unused cruise nights, divided by total number of cruise nights of guest's voyage. Refund will include the amount of an economy fare airline ticket from port of disembarkation to port of embarkation. Note: This includes both Cruise-Only and Fly-Aweigh bookings. To receive a refund, guest must send a copy of purchased airline ticket to the Guest Relations Department.

. Refund checks will be mailed within 30 days of cruise termination.

. Carnival will not be responsible for any incidental expenses of guest following disembarkation.

. Travel agent commissions will be fully protected.

. If a travel agent or guest needs to follow up on their refund after the cruise, they need to contact the Guest Relations Department.

I am a little suspicious of this post. It sounds more to me like someone who just wants to "hate" on Carnival. I have been on many cruises and yes sometimes things go wrong with the food, the service, the excursions. On my latest cruise we were unable to disembark at Cozumel because of rough seas. We spent the afternoon watching "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" which was worse than the rough seas!! Yes, it was unfortunate we couldn't get off but things happen. I have nothing but postive things to say about our cruises on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess. I travel with my husband and three twenty plus kids. We make a point of finding something nice about every boat; and they are all different; rather than looking to complain. Our Carnival experiences have all been excellent from the food, the cabins down to the staff. We also never have had any problem getting off for excurisions we booked on our own. I think we are all just being scammed here!

Archived