What do Celebrity do to manage their financial situation

C4HCG

On 1/10/2023 at 9:09 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Again, thinking optimistically here and it's entirely possible that the management met and decided the easiest ways to cut costs is to reduce dinner service in the OVC and add a charge for room service.  However, I doubt that decision was made so shortsightedly.

The reason they are pushing people to the MDR and adding costs for room service has to do with reducing costs. Believe it or not, all of the wasted food onboard is measured before it is disposed. They have data metrics on wastage for MDR, buffet and room service. I would be willing to bet that MDR has the lowest wastage so it makes sense to push guests there and costs will be organically reduced.  

I’m beginning to believe that we are going to be priced out of cruising for our vacations.  We love Celebrity, but I just priced a 10 day Caribbean cruise for 2 in an guarantee ocean view room without any perks at $2700 plus gratuities of around 300.00 and 600.00 for airfare, so we’re looking at about roughly $3600.00 as a base price.  For middle income people that’s a lot of money, especially factoring in the additional expenses of cocktails, shore excursions and specialty dining.  Cruising for us may be a thing of the past.  Sad days ahead for us.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cruiz'nBaers said:

I’m beginning to believe that we are going to be priced out of cruising for our vacations.  We love Celebrity, but I just priced a 10 day Caribbean cruise for 2 in an guarantee ocean view room without any perks at $2700 plus gratuities of around 300.00 and 600.00 for airfare, so we’re looking at about roughly $3600.00 as a base price.  For middle income people that’s a lot of money, especially factoring in the additional expenses of cocktails, shore excursions and specialty dining.  Cruising for us may be a thing of the past.  Sad days ahead for us.  

We feel the same way.  We are also in the Midwest and have to fly to cruise ports.  We will add additional $400 for hotel, meals and transportation to and from the cruise port (we fly in the day before the departure)  and then $75 per day for 2 dogs boarded. A 7 day cruise costs over $5K before we board the dang ship.  Book a suite? No Way!!  We can do several 4 day road trips for that.

• Like 2