Transfer from port to airport?

gatorchinsky

We will be disembarking the Breakaway at Civitecchia on November 12th. We want to catch a 12:40pm flight back to the states. Would it be ok to book the NCL transfer to airport and do they guarantee to get you to airport with plenty of time for check in?  If we use an outside company what time do you tell them to come and will they be right outside once we get out of terminal?

If you contact NCL about a transfer they may be able to tell you if 12:40pm works.  I know that the information for the transfers we booked stated that they should not be used for flights before a certain time.  However, I don't know if the person you book the transfer with has details on every port available to them.  I'm also not sure if they really 'guarantee' anything no matter what time your flight is...

As for your other questions, did you already check the Italy Ports forum?  If you still have questions about an outside company you should probably post there since that could pertain to any cruise line.

• Like 1

I was on the Escape this summer and disembarked at Civitecchia.  I had a 12:50pm flight to Amsterdam and used NCL's transfer to get to FCO with plenty of time to spare.  When making the transfer request on NCL's site, it'll ask you for the the flight number and tell you if your flight is allowed to use their transfer service.  I was actually going to Stockholm and the earlier nonstops or connections weren't allowed so settled for the AMS connection.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cruiseandgamble

We used Rome Cabs last year. We were going to a hotel in Rome city center so timing wasn't a huge issue. It was incredibly easy to get our luggage and meet our driver. And they have a lot of experience with meeting ships so can probably help you with timing. Just don't plan on being the first off the ship. 

I've used Rome Cabs for years and their service is outstanding! I use them for airport pick-ups as well.