Dawn balcony vs AF mini

cnlshea

I am new to the boards and have read a lot of posts but I had a few questions. Is the mini suite worth it over a balcony room? I will be traveling with my wife and son 14. Also if in mini suite do I have to wait on line day 1 to make reservations at Le bistro for during the week or could I just contact the concierge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

cnlshea - welcome to the boards! :)

The AF will definately allow you a bit more room to move about, and the bathroom is quite a bit larger and nicer as well. It'll be up to you to determine whether or not the additional expense is worth it, or whether you'd rather save those funds for spending on the ship and on excursions. ;)

With regard to the Concierge, it will be important for you to seek him or her out on day one, and introduce yourself if you do choose to go with the mini-suite. They are so busy trying to take care of the Suites and Villas, that there's no where near enough time for them to handle the mini-suites as well! :eek: They should be able to take care of making those dining arrangements for you, or you can always pick up the phone and call LeBistro directly yourself. The phone numbers to all the restaurants are published every day in the Freestyle Daily. ;)

Happy sailing!

Thanks Pepper for your help these boards are the best. I have read soo much I will be on the boat as a veteran. I am going to go with the mini I heard about the upsell desk and booked it last night.:D

I am new to the boards and have read a lot of posts but I had a few questions. Is the mini suite worth it over a balcony room? I will be traveling with my wife and son 14. Also if in mini suite do I have to wait on line day 1 to make reservations at Le bistro for during the week or could I just contact the concierge? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

A balcony cabin is good enough for 2, but three is kinda tight. An AF mini is a better fit. Bigger cabin & bathroom and a little bigger balcony. You have Concierge service available, but like Pepper said he is busy with the 36 Penthouse Suites.

You can make reservation for LeBistro from your cabin or in the Atrium. Don't wait toi make the reservation. You can ask what & when they have open and dine around that also.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

There is a button on you AF Suite phone (bottom left ) for the concierge .

If he is not there you can leave a message and give him your reservation info.

We did it twice and did not have a problem .

Thanks everyone I understand the concierge has alot of suites to take care of but do you think if I meet him on day 1 with my friends $$ that would help?

I don't suppose it would hurt to introduce yourself the first day, but I really don't know whether or not an advance tip will be effective. These people are so professional that they really try to do the best they can for all their guests, no matter what. I can tell you that it's highly likely that you will not receive daily letters from the Concierge, nor will you receive daily calls and visits - it's just impossible for them to put this much attention on the mini-suites in addition to all the other suites, penthouses and villas. That's not to say that you won't be able to acquire the assistance you seek. ;) Others may be able to answer you more completely, as they have quite a bit more experience utilizing the services of the Concierge. Wish I could be a bit more informative, but I'm just way too new at the whole Concierge experience! :o

We had a mini suite on Jewel in Jan. Once in room I called one time and made all our reservations for the week in advance, didn't need to call each restaurant (we had done our research and planned our excursions so knew exactly what we wanted). Never a problem.

Mini-suite is WONDERFUL. You will love it and the Jewel. It hooked us and now DF won't even consider a stateroom w/balcony!:D

Archived