Best hiking tour in Ketchikan?

Sigyn

I'd like to do a hiking tour in Ketchikan that gives us a decent workout and shows us some of the beautiful natural sights in the area. Can anyone recommend a tour they've done? We'll be there in July. Thanks!

I hiked Deer Mtn on my own last year. Logistics are straightforward from the cruise pier and the hike is a good challenge. Didn't see much due to the weather but thats Ketchikan. I still recommend doing it. 

• Like 1

Highly recommend hiking Deer Mountain, if the weather is good. We have hiked it three times while on a cruise stop, 2016 & 2022 in great weather, 2019 in rain (would not recommend). You can easily walk to the trail head, I think it is about a mile…but we had gotten a tip to hire a taxi to the trailhead (easy to find, just hail one from the street or google taxi companies and call them direct to arrange, I believe our company in 2022 was Sourdough Cab Co.). The one mile walk to the trailhead is almost fully uphill, so if you take a taxi there- you can save your legs for the hike, which is easily marked, by the way. I will attach a couple of pics from our most recent time in August 2022. Be sure you have bug spray along, there was a point in a sunny meadow where we were swarmed by something that was feasting on our blood. Let me know if you have any questions. I love to promote hiking in Alaska; we have done wonderful hikes in Juneau and Skagway too, right from the ships.

Sharon 😊

C63079E1-7B8F-46BF-8F84-01FA3AE47814.jpeg

088B9754-7080-452C-8D02-F2B818B5A5FA.jpeg

D68839DA-D243-490E-9119-A0B6956A8DCB.jpeg

C361FF69-80F9-45B8-B002-939F16034F79.jpeg

• Like 2