Drink Packages and bringing wine on board,

thekegler

We have an all included package that has wifi, gratuities, and classic drink package. Question is once on board can you upgrade to Premium for the price difference i.e. classic package cost is $89.00 and premium is $109 so can I just pay $20 to upgrade?  Also most cruise lines allow you to bring a bottle or two of wine/champagne on board does Celebrity allow this? We usually cruise Azamara and they allow you to bring alcohol on board as it is included in your fare so they do not care if you bring your own apparently as it does not cost them any money.

Several parts to this.

Yes, you can upgrade on board. The math isn't that simple, of course. You should be able to upgrade in your cruise planner. You can also wait until you're on the ship and see whether you think the upgrade is worth it. MOST of the time, you only pay the difference between the max price of the classic package the price of the drink, plus 20% gratuity. Some items (premium waters, I believe) cost full price.

Each passenger over 21 can bring 2 bottles of wine at embarkation. There is no corkage with a drink package (which you have). No beer or liquor.

• Like 1