Good Hotel in Rome

We will be arriving in Rome on Thursday around 5:30pm on Oct. 19th. Our cruise doesn't leave until Sunday, Oct. 22nd. So, we're looking for a good hotel for 3 nights pre-cruise. I don't want to stay at an airport hotel all that time so does anyone have good recommendations for a nice, safe hotel in Rome? I might add that we probably want to keep the cost/night under 200E and would really prefer something around 100E-150E per night. I might also be able to use some "miles" for 1 of the 3 nights, so if there are any reasonable Hilton, Mariott, Omni (ha ha) or Westin (ha ha again) hotels available, that could also work.

We'll probably do a combination of a private tour one day and then one day on our own so a good location for subways or city buses might also be good.

Thanks for your input!

Lucy

Just read down through these threads as there have been 2 or 3 threads in the past couple of weeks that will give some info on hotels in Rome.You can also check out TripAdvisor.com and Venere.com for info on hotel info in Rome.You are better off staying city center anyway rather than at the airport.

You will definately find the prices higher in Rome. Last April, we really lucked out. We stayed at the Hotel Da Ville Intercontinental right on top of the Spanish Steps. Great location and we paid $205 per night on Priceline. The cheapest room on the Intercontinental website was $450 per night.

the Nicholas Inn, a B&B on Via Cavour. We stayed there pre-cruise for 3 nights in October -05. Very nice, charming and clean place, and a good location close to the Colosseum. Melissa will take good care of you. She's an American from Chicago who knows Rome very well and can recommend restaurants, transportation options, whatever you may need. Highly recommend, and I think it's within your price range as well.

Have fun in Rome and on your cruise!

Lucy, we were in Rome last summer pre-cruise also. Stayed at the Westin Excelsior on Starwood points. Beautiful hotel next to the Spanish steps. Very elegant. Marriott is just up the street, and if I am correct, the only Hilton is not in the city proper. Get those points out!!

Glenn

I found the site - thanks for the address. Question - does the Nicolas Inn provide a free breakfast? Were food/drinks available all day (for free) or just during the morning? I was really spoiled at the Hotel Continental Palacete in Barcelona - 24-hour free food area that included hot breakfast, hot afternoon/evening snacks and additional drinks including beer and wine. It was great.

We are staying at the Hotel Locarno for 4 days pre-cruise this summer. This is a smallish hotel (only 64 rooms) within talking distance to most everything and in a very safe area. Reviews were somewhat mixed on Trip Advisor but friends of ours have stayed there and absolutely loved it. Very quaint, art deco, European hotel and a full breakfast is included. In summer months, breakfast is served rooftop overlooking the City. Check out Trip Advisor before you book anything but keep in mind everything is subjective.

Archived