Empress Review 2-13-06

My first review so bear with me. :)

Empress Of The Seas 2-13-06

Captain: Manolis Kasselas

Cruise Director: Warren Allen

Loyalty Ambassador: Chris Hou

Executive Chef: Nestor Guevara

Embarkation: Documents said after 2:00. We arrived at 11:00 by taxi and were 15th & 16th in line. Doors opened at 11:30 for carry-on and person security,we then went up to the area where you show the set-sail pass paper and was then led to the priority seating area.At noon the doors opened and a representative had people line up in the order that they were brought over. We then had our picture taken for the sea pass and up the escalator we went. My husband and I ended up being the first ones on the ship. What a feeling! It was now about 12:05. We went to our cabin to drop off our carry-on and then went to chek out our dinning arrangements. We were surprised to see that we actually had the table for two that we requested. We then headed up to the buffet in the Windjamer and afterwards checked out the ship.

Welcome Aboard Lunch - 12-5

Muster Drill - 5:30

Main Seating Dinner - 6:16 Second Seating - 8:45 CASUAL ATTIRE

Welcome Aboard Show for all guests - 10:30

Drinks Of The Day - $5.95

Soda - $1.50 a can COKE PRODUCTS

Water - $1.99

Can Domestic Beer $3.50

Glass Of Wine $5.50-$7.50

Seemed to be around 10 kids on board. There might have been more, we just didn't see them.

For the rest of the cruise Main Seating was at 6:00 and Second Seating was at 8:30.

Day 2 FORMAL Day 7 FORMAL

Day 3 CASUAL Day 8 SMART CASUAL

Day 4 SMART CASUAL Day 9 CASUAL

Day 5 CASUAL Day 10 CASUAL/CARIBBEAN

Day 6 CASUAL Day 11 CASUAL

Chocolate Buffet - Day 2

Gala Buffet - Day 7

Caribbean Market Buffet and Dance Party - Day 10

Rock and Roll Reunion Party - Day 3

70's Disco Inferno Party - Day 4

Battle of the Sexes - Day 5

Salsa Dance Competition - Day 6

Rock-A Rokie ( you get to perform with the band ) - Day 6

Love And Marriage Game - Day 8

Quest - Day 9

Karaoke Idol Final - Day 11

On Valentine's Day all the ladies were given a long stem rose at dinner.

lovethesun:

u didn't post if u enjoyed the cruise...i assume u did (hope so!). we're sailing on the repositioning cruise in april...did u find the overall condition of the ship to be ok? food ok? thanks for u info...

nancy

Wow!Thanks for the great reveiw! We are going in 2 weeks! Was lobster night still Aruba night? My husband has us booked on a sunset catamaran and I want my lobster instead! Thanks!

Lobster wasn't served on Aruba night. I believe it was a couple of nights before. We aren't lobster eaters so I can't tell you how it was, but, looking around to those who ordered it...it looked very small. Yor might want to order two. Have a wonderful cruise!

lovethesun:

u didn't post if u enjoyed the cruise...i assume u did (hope so!). we're sailing on the repositioning cruise in april...did u find the overall condition of the ship to be ok? food ok? thanks for u info...

nancy

We absolutly loved this cruise. The condition of the ship was good. On a couple ocassions they were doing some painting on the top deck, and they were always polishing the brass around the ship.

The food was good. Food in the windjamer was your regular buffet. They did have an omlet/egg person who would cook your request. Large glasses of juice, lemonade and ice tea. Fruit was delicious. There was also a machine outside of the Windjamer that was self serve for Orange Juice, Lemonade, Ice Tea, Hot Tea, Coffee. On the other side was a self serve ice cream machine.

The dinning room menu could of used a little more variety, but the food was good. Cold and Hot soups were very good, as were the deserts.

I wrote a 2nd. part to my review which is on the boards now. I will try to write part 3 tonight.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Just a suggestion, but you might try putting all the parts of your review in the same thread instead of spreading it out all over the boards... Thanks for the info.

Opps-never thought of that. I'm still learning about computers and I guess I have a few things to learn here too. Thanks. :)

Archived