When Nassau gets subbed for Puerto Plata

akolasz

Hello,

I will be on the Escape in April which has a stop at Puerto Plata however I have been reading that sometimes the stop is getting changed to Nassau. Currently the port schedules show Escape and one other ship at Amber Cove on our date so I'm thinking we will be fine. But, I would like to have an idea of what we would do if our stop does change. Does anyone have a list of the Nassau excursions that were offered when your ship had a last minute change to Nassau? Our last time to Nassau was about 9 years ago and we did the Blue Lagoon excursion which we really enjoyed and would probably book that again if it was offered. 

Thanks everyone!

This happened to us last week when we lost Bermuda. We went to Nassau instead. The only excursions offered were to Blue Lagoon. Back in September we went to Blue Lagoon which was an alright experience. 

It became much better when guests from our ship were the only ones left. They basically do a staggered schedule based on ships in port. Everyone gets four to five hours, but those at the beginning of the day, and at the end, get an hour (or so) when it's just those on their ship there. Trust me, that's what you want! My husband wanted to go back and I did not. I just wasn't really a fan of the shallow water, although it got much better late in the day when the current rushed in. That was cool! 

Blue Lagoon also offered excursions with sea turtles, dolphins, and some other animals. 

• Like 1

Thank you! I will just plan that if we do get re routed than we can add a Blue Lagoon excursion. My 12 year old daughter was only 2 when we last went so it was great with a young child and going out in the water. My 8 year old son has never been. I think they will enjoy swimming there.

10 minutes ago, akolasz said:

Thank you! I will just plan that if we do get re routed than we can add a Blue Lagoon excursion. My 12 year old daughter was only 2 when we last went so it was great with a young child and going out in the water. My 8 year old son has never been. I think they will enjoy swimming there.

Oh gosh, with an 8 and 12 year old, it'll be perfect! They'll love the mats and tubes you can float in. The buffet (it was included) isn't all you can eat. You get one trip through and it's perfect for a kid's palate - burger or chicken sandwich, and jerk chicken, plus some salads and fries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This happened to us last week when we lost Bermuda. We went to Nassau instead. The only excursions offered were to Blue Lagoon. Back in September we went to Blue Lagoon which was an alright experience. 

It became much better when guests from our ship were the only ones left. They basically do a staggered schedule based on ships in port. Everyone gets four to five hours, but those at the beginning of the day, and at the end, get an hour (or so) when it's just those on their ship there. Trust me, that's what you want! My husband wanted to go back and I did not. I just wasn't really a fan of the shallow water, although it got much better late in the day when the current rushed in. That was cool! 

Blue Lagoon also offered excursions with sea turtles, dolphins, and some other animals. 

Huh … I’m on the Encore on 2/19 and they switched us from GSC to Nassau back in November.  They very gradually added in Nassau excursion options and I’ve been waiting for the Blue Lagoon one, but no luck yet.  That’s funny they switched you last minute and did offer Blue Lagoon and they switched us months in advance and don’t appear to be offering it.