Using flights by the cruise company

Mom2011

Haven't booked through Celebrity for air but surmise they do what others are doing.  They 'book' your air ticket however they don't remit the payment to the carrier until closer to your departure date (30 days or so from flight) so you aren't 'ticketed'.  So without the money in hand, no ticket issued, you're subject to being rescheduled by the carrier for a number of reasons with no real recourse with the airline.  Happened to me several times already for tours this year;  so the advice is to push the tour company/cruise company to ticket you early. For one of trips this year, I lost the flight and the tour company I was going with informed me there were no other flights with seats in the same category (economy) and that in order to do the trip I'd have to upgrade to 1st Class at a cost higher than what I had paid for the entire trip.  Ended up cancelling.  Best advice on air is to book it yourself outside of the cruise line or tour company and be sure you have insurance for cancellation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2