Arvia MDR drinks

cheshire

I know bottles of wine are available but what about wine by the glass?. We aren’t on the drinks package as we prefer to choose the wines we want which aren’t included.  The Mrs. Prefers white whereas I prefer red.  I’ve only seen wines by the bottle in the menus. 

we are going to take the commodore wine package to use when the menu choices suit a choice we can agree on. 

1 hour ago, cheshire said:

I know bottles of wine are available but what about wine by the glass?. We aren’t on the drinks package as we prefer to choose the wines we want which aren’t included.  The Mrs. Prefers white whereas I prefer red.  I’ve only seen wines by the bottle in the menus. 

we are going to take the commodore wine package to use when the menu choices suit a choice we can agree on. 

Many of the wines on the menu are also available by the glass,  small 175ml ,  large 250ml 

• Like 1

we are going to take the commodore wine package to use when the menu choices suit a choice we can agree on. 

We also want to do this. Firstly I would like to check the wine list to see if there are choices we would prefer to just buy individually but I can only find wines listed by the glass and not a full wine list menu. Anyone help with this?

Edited by sandancer

23 minutes ago, sandancer said:

we are going to take the commodore wine package to use when the menu choices suit a choice we can agree on. 

We also want to do this. Firstly I would like to check the wine list to see if there are choices we would prefer to just buy individually but I can only find wines listed by the glass and not a full wine list menu. Anyone help with this?

The packages are  listed under Drinks in My P&O when you log in.

20 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks I found that info but what I am looking for is a wine list giving details of buying wines by the bottle. Just the regular wine list. 

You could look in FAQ. They give full dining menus so may also include drinks

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thanks I found that info but what I am looking for is a wine list giving details of buying wines by the bottle. Just the regular wine list. 

Most of the wines by the glass can also be bought by the bottle, and there are only a few where you can only buy by the bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

As Roaming Rover writes, a lot of the wines on the MDR drinks menu can be ordered by the glass.

Unlike some of the other venues, the full drinks list does not appear on My Holiday, so you can't peruse before you go for dinner.

If you're not sailing for a while, you could perhaps ask if anyone on board now or due to sail soon could photograph the wine list and post it.

16 minutes ago, sandancer said:

If there is a Merlot and a Pino Grigio, by the bottle or glass it will suit us nicely. On our Cunard cruise in August we used to buy a bottle of each and finish them over a couple of nights. 

On Arvia I can confirm that Pino Grigio was available by the bottle and glass.

I think Merlot was by the bottle; I seem to recall my brother-in-law asked for a glass of it, but was offered Malbec instead.

Malbec would work. Happy to buy either by the bottle or glass. You can probably tell that we are fairly easy going about wine choices. Our very favourite wine is from Chile and is Diablo dark red. £10 a bottle a supermarket. We are planning to buy a couple of bottles of spirits in duty free. I wonder if it would be acceptable to take a selection of smaller bottles rather than 2 large bottles. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Malbec would work. Happy to buy either by the bottle or glass. You can probably tell that we are fairly easy going about wine choices. Our very favourite wine is from Chile and is Diablo dark red. £10 a bottle a supermarket. We are planning to buy a couple of bottles of spirits in duty free. I wonder if it would be acceptable to take a selection of smaller bottles rather than 2 large bottles. 

£10? Rich tastes!🙄 When I do my wine shopping it's when the 25% offers are on, and then I select bottles as near to the £5 threshold as I can. #Yorkshire 😄

It's makes no difference what you take on, just so long as it's up to the one litre per person allowance. That said, I don't think security would be that bothered if you were a little bit over.

• Haha 1