Disembarking in Vancouver

Hello, I'll be taking the Coral Princess in May from San Francisco to Vancouver. The itinerary says that we arrive in Vancouver at 7:30 AM. I have never cruised Princess before or disembarked in Vancouver before. I am wondering how long it will actually take to disembark and be ready to start exploring Vancouver. Can I expect to be leave the port, luggage in hand, by 8:30 AM? Thanks in advance for your help!

It's hard to say.

Possible, but I would think 9:00 - 9:30 would be more likely the earliest.

The ship has to clear ...and if there are any issues, they hold up all the passengers.

I disembarked in Vancouver twice....

There is a line for taxis.

The van taxi line is a lot shorter ...than the car taxi line.

Limo line was the shortest ! :D

Hello, I'll be taking the Coral Princess in May from San Francisco to Vancouver. The itinerary says that we arrive in Vancouver at 7:30 AM. I have never cruised Princess before or disembarked in Vancouver before. I am wondering how long it will actually take to disembark and be ready to start exploring Vancouver. Can I expect to be leave the port, luggage in hand, by 8:30 AM? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

Don't know where you got your arrival time in Vancouver from. :eek:

I'm on the same ship but starting off in FLL. The itinerary we got from Princess says:

Dep SFO 18 May 1600hrs

Arr Astoria 20 May 0800hrs

Dep Astoria 20 May 1700hrs

Arr Victoria 21 May 0800hrs

Dep Victoria 21 May 1700hrs

Arr Vancouver 22 May 1000hrs

What used to be a 3-4hr ferry ride has now turned into an overniter on a cruise ship. Wonder where we'll float for the evening in Georgia Straight. You may sail under the Lions' Gate Bridge at 0730hrs but by the time you're cleared ashore will probably be later than 1000hrs.

Remember you are not disembarking at a US port, so once the ship is cleared, you will have to go through Canadian Immigration before getting your luggage then Canadian Customs to declare any purchases being brought into Canada. (Thought this rather interesting as we call in Victoria the day before and all sorts of us Canadians will be going ashore. Guess they figure you can't buy and bring much in from Astoria!!!

There is a Roll Call posted for the Coral's 18 May Coastal sailing to YVR. Drop over and join in.

• 1 year later...

I would like to update the original request from 2006 as I might have the same problem in fall 2007:

The ship should arrive at 7.30 am at Canada Place

The shuttle bus starts at 8.30 am at Canada Place

So to travelworm: did you make it???

Two more questions:

I remember at Toronto Airport there were different immigration boothes for Canadians and Non Canadians. Is it the same at the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver (Canada Place)?

Does anyone know where the stop of Quick Coach is located at Canada Place?

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Heinbloed, I'm not for sure if it has changed but, when we disembarked in Vancouver a couple of years ago we did not clear Canadian customs and immirgrations until we left Canada via the airport. At the cruise port all we did was retrive our luggage and found a taxi to our hotel. There was also a "tax" of $10.00pp that was paid at the airport for departing non-Canadians. I'm sure those that have cruised this year can update this better. Pam

I would like to update the original request from 2006 as I might have the same problem in fall 2007:

The ship should arrive at 7.30 am at Canada Place

The shuttle bus starts at 8.30 am at Canada Place

So to travelworm: did you make it???

Two more questions:

I remember at Toronto Airport there were different immigration boothes for Canadians and Non Canadians. Is it the same at the Cruise Terminal in Vancouver (Canada Place)?

Does anyone know where the stop of Quick Coach is located at Canada Place?

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

HeinBloed

You will clear Canadian Customs & Immigration at Canada Place. Everyone goes through the same lines (the different lines for Canadians versus non-Canadians are at the airport on arrival into Canada).

If there are no delays with the ship clearing customs, then you should be able to make the 8:30 a.m. Quick Shuttle.

You'll need to inform the ship that you need the earliest disembark time. I don't know which cruise line you are sailing on, but some (e.g. Princess) also allow passengers to 'walk off' with their own bags as soon as the ship clears customs & immigration. So you might want to inquire, if this interests you.

I don't know the exact location of the Quick Shuttle bus stop, but I'm sure any of the information staff at the terminal building will be able to tell you.

_

You will clear Canadian Customs & Immigration at Canada Place. Everyone goes through the same lines (the different lines for Canadians versus non-Canadians are at the airport on arrival into Canada).

If there are no delays with the ship clearing customs, then you should be able to make the 8:30 a.m. Quick Shuttle.

You'll need to inform the ship that you need the earliest disembark time. I don't know which cruise line you are sailing on, but some (e.g. Princess) also allow passengers to 'walk off' with their own bags as soon as the ship clears customs & immigration. So you might want to inquire, if this interests you.

I don't know the exact location of the Quick Shuttle bus stop, but I'm sure any of the information staff at the terminal building will be able to tell you.

_

Thanks for your help - so I can book something crazy:

Sep 22 - GOLDEN PRICESS Seattle - Vancouver...

taking the 8.30 hrs shuttle which stops at Seattle Pier again... (all others do not stop...)

Sep 23 - NORWEGIAN PEARL Seattle - Vancouver....

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived