What are the best family things to do in Aruba Curacao StMartin STThomas?

We will be with a group, but as far as our family, we are in our late 20's cruising with our 6 and 8 year old sons. What are the best suggestions you have for any of these ports that are family friendly, especially at my kids ages?????

We are thinking about renting a jeep and navigating Aruba on our own (not through the ship excursion), but this is our only solid plan. Is that a good idea with the kids that age? I hear you bump around alot??

ANY ideas well appreciated.

TIA!!!!

Hands down in Aruba I would do a 1/2 day with the kids snorkeling at De Palm island. You can book through de palm tours. They include lunch, and the snorkeling is amazing, the fish come so close you can feed and pet them. The water is not deep (2-5 feet) so it is great for the kiddies, have a great time! Don't forget an underwater camera. The jeep excursion is nice but the full day is really long, so if you do the jeep do 1/2 day, I was told this and didn't listen and we regretted it. After doing both tours and would perfer the snorkling any time. The weather in Aruba is amazing and the trip to De palm Island is a great way to experience that. Have a great time!

Hi there

You have a wonderful idea for Aruba...your children will love the rough ride. We did it this past November with our 13 year old and he thought it was great. Later in the day we just went to a public beach and swam and jet skiied.

For St. Martin....we hired a taxi and tried the Butterfly Farm and the entire family enjoyed it. Our children would have been 11 and 15 (boys) my hubby and I. It was quite educational as well. The taxi driver gave us a great island tour as well.

For St. Thomas, the Bob Adventure is fantastic (not sure on age limits on that one). Coral World is fantastic for the kids, touch tanks and all and it is right next to Coki Beach where there is great swimming and snorkeling. Also in St. Thomas the Sky Ride is said to be great although we have not personally tried that yet. There are some shows at the top with live birds and magic I believe.

Hope this helps you.

Me again....in Curacao go to the Aquarium. It's fantastic. The children can go on a sea lion adventure, which can include swimming with the sea lions if they wish. They would get to shake hands, pet, and receive a kiss from a sea lion in this adventure. There are shows and touch tanks there as well. Very good.

For Aruba, rent a jeep and drive to the natural pool, the pool is fine but the jeep ride is the roughest I've ever been on. Going as slow as possible (inching along sometimes) you are still bouncing out of your seat. Parts of the trail are very high and while driving you can see the entire side of the island.

We enjoyed the Jolly Pirates Snorkeling in Aruba, although the water was quite

deep in some spots. They had a rope swing that my kids loved.

In St. Thomas I highly recommend Paradise Point. The view is amazing

and you can get drinks/snacks, shop, and see the birds. If you have time

try Magen's Bay for beaching it.

Both places are on my list to revisit so we can do the jeep tour

in Aruba and try out another gorgeous St. Thomas beach:)

royal4life

WOW! The world gets so small when your online, doesn't it? Narvon is sooo small, as I am sure you know. Where does your mother-in-law live? Wouldn't it be funny if I knew her? We are on Pool Forge Road in Narvon.

To the rest of you,

Thank you for all your ideas. Keep them coming. There is so much to chose to do. I will start to look into your ideas. Thanks again

If you want to keep it cheap then plan ahead to visit some nice beaches. If you're into snorkeling, buy your own equipment. You'll save a ton in rental fees plus the sanitation factor.

We always try to hit a beach that has snorkeling, beach vendors and a beach bar of some type. Covers all of our needs. Watch out for beaches that have rip currents and big waves though.

St. Thomas -- Coki beach is always excellent, good snorkeling. Try the curry shrimp.

St. Martin -- Maho beach, watch the airplanes come in after noon.

We rented a jeep in Aruba, you can try and get one when you get off the ship or you can reserve ahead. We used american rental. Was about $90 which you pay in cash when you return the jeep, they take a credit card imprint when picking it up. We drove around a bit, there are lot's of dirt/coral roads that run along the coast and there are some trails off of those roads. We never came across anything that a regular suv couldn't handle but we didn't do any of the little side roads either. It was okay but we ended up at baby beach for the afternoon which was a blast. Good snorkeling along the rocks and $2 beers.

Hoog

The Butterfly Farm on St. Martaan is good and I love Magan's Bay beach in St. Thomas for kids. It's shallow a long way out and the drive there is simply stunning. You can also take a ferry to St. John when in St. Thomas (a close island also part of the USVI). Most of St. John is a preserve. It's exactly what you expect in a Caribbean Island, lush and stunning.

Archived