Family Veranda question.. Just booked.. Help

GuyeCO

Hello!

I just booked a family veranda for five of us for jan '24 in S' Class ship. One of us now cannot go but the other 4 plan to go. My questions are as follows;

1) What choice do I have for the last passenger.. It was booked as a TBD under their name

2) With the 5th passenger not planning on going this now brings us to 4 passengers in the family veranda (5 min). I would assume no issues there.

I did book within 24 hours if that matters? Do I simply cancel and rebook with the 4 passengers? Will they allow that?

Anyway to put the last passenger in my name or simply just cancel them to get deposit back, etc? My understanding is the $450 deposit was booked under that name. They did mention that I could transfer that FCC to someone else's name (mine)...

Can I apply the FCC to the current cruise or does it have to be for a new cruise? I don't mind losing the $100. Just trying to keep the room we wanted (Family Veranda) with the least penalty possible!

*Booked a refundable fare*

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by GuyeCO

17 hours ago, GuyeCO said:

Hello!

I just booked a family veranda for five of us for jan '24 in S' Class ship. One of us now cannot go but the other 4 plan to go. My questions are as follows;

1) What choice do I have for the last passenger.. It was booked as a TBD under their name

2) With the 5th passenger not planning on going this now brings us to 4 passengers in the family veranda (5 min). I would assume no issues there.

I did book within 24 hours if that matters? Do I simply cancel and rebook with the 4 passengers? Will they allow that?

Anyway to put the last passenger in my name or simply just cancel them to get deposit back, etc? My understanding is the $450 deposit was booked under that name. They did mention that I could transfer that FCC to someone else's name (mine)...

Can I apply the FCC to the current cruise or does it have to be for a new cruise? I don't mind losing the $100. Just trying to keep the room we wanted (Family Veranda) with the least penalty possible!

*Booked a refundable fare*

Thanks in advance for any help!

Just call and sort out your options. Here's what I think should happen based on what you've stated.

Since you booked refundable fare, you should get that 5th person's deposit back to your credit card and your total balance due should be reduced by the total price of the 5th passenger. Don't bother with FCC transfers or rebooking.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Just call and sort out your options. Here's what I think should happen based on what you've stated.

Since you booked refundable fare, you should get that 5th person's deposit back to your credit card and your total balance due should be reduced by the total price of the 5th passenger. Don't bother with FCC transfers or rebooking.

Thank you. I called this morning. You are exactly right. They removed the 5th passenger and refunded the deposit!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise20 said:

Have you been on your cruise?   Was wondering how you liked the family veranda?

I have not.. A long way to go unfortunately. Did you see the room tour on youtube? Pretty amazing looking!

21 minutes ago, GuyeCO said:

I have not.. A long way to go unfortunately. Did you see the room tour on youtube? Pretty amazing looking!

The FVs are furnished different asking S class. Very well furnished on Silhouette (pre-Revolution) and Reflection. More sparsely finished on Solstice and Equinox. So take a closer look at which ship the FV video was recorded. 

Also the Deck 7 FVs have smaller cabins and balconies than their Deck 8 counterparts. 

• Like 1