Norwegian Escape- Guppies (recent cruisers)

jgrizzle13

When we first did research on the Norwegian Escape, we saw on multiple cruise forums that there was a drop off option (for a fee) available for the guppies age (6mo-3y). This was unique from the other NCL cruises and was a big reason we chose this particular cruise/ ship (cruising in April 23). Since then I realize that the info may have been dated or changed with COVID. Can anyone who recently traveled the Escape with an under 3 confirm if there are any Guppies drop off options available? TIA!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to reply in case anyone else gets confused by this. BEFORE the pandemic, the Norwegian Escape (ONLY this ship) did in fact have "for a fee" childcare for babies age 6mo-3 year. At one point when cruises restarted, all kids clubs were suspended temporarily. When they brought back the kids programs last summer (2022), they did NOT resume the for fee drop off option for Guppies. This confused me because every cruise blog I have read about the Escape, even the ones that published in the past year, have indicated that there was a drop-off option for this age group. Additionally, we actually chose this particular cruise for this option, just to be able to have the drop-off opportunity for a couple of dinners. Even our travel agent had the dated information. Just wanted to answer my question and clarify in case anyone else experiences it. Due to staffing shortages and pay cuts already going on with NCL, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this will change anytime soon.  

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, boodababy128 said:

Can anyone confirm if recent sailings have a drop off option for guppies? We are traveling on the May 7th Escape with a 16 month old. 
TIA! 

I'm so sorry - at one point in the last year the NCL website said the escape nursery was permanently closed.   There is no mention at all of any care for children under 3, so I do not believe this is an option.

On the Getaway, there was a nice nursery room with toys where small babies played happily (no drop off care, but a room you could visit)  

At least precovid, your choices were:  fee based nurseries for children over 6 months on all Disney ships, and most refurbished RC ships, or Carnival or Cunard accept children starting at the age of 2.  Precovid, Princess allowed children under the age of 3 to attend with parental supervision (they did a really good job watching and helping my 2 year old, so I could read a book while he played happily).

Please also note that disney and some RC ships have splash pads for toddlers.  They've invested in water treatment system that makes it safe.  The NCL splash pads aren't safe if your child has an accident, and even though the staff won't stop you (an idiot on my cruise let their infant fall in the water and choke and that baby had to be in a diaper) it's endangering the other children.

Edited by kitkat343