Easy hiking or walking areas in Ketchikan

beluga_baby

Can anyone recommend any easy hikes or walks in Ketchikan? We love just taking a stroll through the woods and looking at the nature and wildlife. I would prefer something that is popular enough that we aren't totally alone, and a place that would be easy to get to from the cruise port. I know Totem Bight and Saxman Native Village are big excursion destinations, but do they have much space to walk around? 

You can walk to the end of Creek Street.  There is a path called Married Man’s Trail, maybe a functioning funicular, and a stairway up to the Cape Fox Lodge where you can see totems, have lunch and see the exhibits at the lodge.   I have seen Totem Bight twice in the pouring rain.  You would need to take a bus there.  There are city buses  with a pretty simple route.  It rains a lot in Ketchikan.  Look online at the Ketchikan visitor’s bureau for ideas and possibly trail maps.

My favorite place to take an easy hike is either Skagway or Sitka, also information provided online.

• Like 2