Wal Mart in Miami?

Hi,

You may think I'm slightly mad or even sad but I was wondering if anyone knows how far a Wal Mart store is from the port or more specifically the Intercontinental at Bayside. I do have a fairly valid reason...I'm travellimg from the UK and there are certain things I just love to buy from Wal Mart that I can't get at home back in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

You may be slighly mad - but I think that is a good thing!!!

Have you tried going to http://www.walmart.com/ scrolling down the entire page, selecting "store finder" (in small print, right under Security & Privacy) and typing in your city & state or a zip code?

Once you arrive at the Intercontinental Bayside - which I presume is your hotel - you can alsways ask them where the nearest Walmart is and then hop into a Taxi....

The closest Walmart is about 10 miles from the hotel. The closest Walmart Supercenter (which is bigger & has a grocery store in it) is about 16 miles. Try to go when the traffic isn't as bad. In rush hour, it will take you forever!

You can goto http://www.walmart.com & look for the "Find a store" link at the bottom of the page. The address for the Intercontinental is:

100 Chopin Plaza

Miami, FL 33131

If you don't want to travel that far, there is a Walgreen's on Biscayne Blvd. It's about 2 miles from the hotel. It's at 3103 Biscayne Blvd

Miami, FL 33137. I lived in that area while in college & actually had my graduation at the Intercontinental!

Archived