Cave Tubing in Belize!

queeni

We will be stopping in Belize in May and I would love to try cave tubing. I've checked out some places online and was wondering if anyone has used any of these for excursions.

Shore Trips

Action Belize

Xtreme Tubing

Should I just book with Carnival? I've read that they have longer lines. I would love some great advice.:)

This cruise is a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday, so I can't get his opinion and I want it to be a great trip!

We went with XStream.....LOVED it. They were prompt, professional & very helpful walking through the rainforest, explaining things & extremely helpful & careful in the water. A great excursion! I loved the smaller group & personal attention.....a definate don't-miss excursion.

We booked with Coral Breeze. I was a little nervous when we got to their office and no one was there, but they showed up just in time (gotta remember that the rest of the world doesn't treat time the same way Americans do. All time is "ish"--as in 9ish.) It takes about an hour to get to the river, but it's a good way to see some of the country. One of the other passengers spent the whole trip complaining about trash along the road and delapidated homes. Guess he thinks every place on earth should be just like his hometown.

The trek through the jungle was interesting, with many explanations about the medicinal uses of the plants (save the rain forests!). Just when my daughter had enough of the hike we were at the river. We traveled in April and the river was a little low but the guide pulled us over the shallow spots. The food at the end was delicious (our dinner companions that night said they had the very same food on a totally different excursion). There were handicrafts available near the lunch area and I probably spent too much but I love the woven table runner I got.

All in all it was a great trip and I would recommend Coral Breeze.

We also went with Coral Breeze (they might go under a different name for the time being, be forewarned when you are in port) and they were the BEST. We had 9 in our group so it wasn't crowded and our food was excellent! Our guide 'Speedy' Carlos was THE best. I give them an A++!

the excursion was great and the lunch truly memorable. they take a head count at the beginning as to who wants to purchase the lunch ($5) and only about 4 of us did. when we got back, hungry, tired, wet and cold the tongues of the others were hanging out watching us eat while their only option was a bag of chips!:eek:

We went with cave-tubing.com, Yhony. We were on the Legend there on Feb 27th. They were very good and we had a great time. Answered my questions by email promptly. Paid real attention that you got what you paid for and was back in plenty of time to shop or eat, if you didn't do eat at Cheers on the tour. Carnivals tour is almost twice as much and you are in a huge group. We had two guides for 5 people.

We went with cave-tubing.com, Yhony. We were on the Legend there on Feb 27th. They were very good and we had a great time. Answered my questions by email promptly. Paid real attention that you got what you paid for and was back in plenty of time to shop or eat, if you didn't do eat at Cheers on the tour. Carnivals tour is almost twice as much and you are in a huge group. We had two guides for 5 people.

That's great to hear because 13 of us are booked with Yhony for next week.

We can't wait!!

Billyandted,

I have sent several emails to Cavetubing.com for a reservation for 11 next month, but still have not received any reply. Did you have a difficult time contacting the company? I am considering another company if I can't make contact. Thanks for your help

We went with Yhonny at cave-tubing .com They don't advertise and everything is by word of mouth. We had a blast. We paid less then half the price then those who booked through the ship. If you make a reservation online they will e-mail you back. We went with junior. They keep you entertained all the way there. They pay special attention to those who can't swim. The best is that they domn't collect any money until the ride back. (they say that this is the incentive to get everyone back safe) You can't go wrong with them.

.......I have sent several emails to Cavetubing.com for a reservation for 11 next month, but still have not received any reply. Did you have a difficult time contacting the company?......
I sent them our reservations last month and heard back from them in a day or two. It seems like I read somewhere where Belize was having some problems recently with e-mail service.

John

I have emailed CaveTubing.com several times and always recieve an answer within an hour, I can't understand why you haven't heard anything??

I have a group of 20 booking with Cave-Tubing.com in July

I have read great reviews on this board about this company and Yhony is great with providing information to me!

I have emailed CaveTubing.com several times and always recieve an answer within an hour, I can't understand why you haven't heard anything??

I have a group of 20 booking with Cave-Tubing.com in July

I have read great reviews on this board about this company and Yhony is great with providing information to me!

Hey RAIDERMOM... there you are!!! You may want to take a peek at our ROLL CALL (there might be a few hundred reasons $$$)!!!

Tom

We just got back from our cruise on Sunday and we used Yhony with

cave-tubing.com because he came highly recommended on these boards. We had a group of 18 going ranging in age from early 20's through late 50's. They took great care of our group, making sure we all had a great time. They were at the terminal waiting for us when we arrived. We were on the river with a group from a cruise ship tour and they had 2 guides for approx. 50 people and the same tour cost $98. We paid $45 for the exact same tour. With cave-tubing.com we had a guide for every six people. It was very organized and they made our day perfect. We stopped for lunch (rice, beans, chicken and slaw) on our way back. The food was excellent! I can't recommend these guys enough. We would not hesitate to use them again.

:)

I would be careful booking with XStream. We booked an excusion with them and had to change and they will not refund the deposit (even though we have two other excursions booked with them costing over $1,000). We are booked for the cave-tubingzip line in Belize and beach break in Cozumel.

We'll be in Belize in May also, and are considering the cave tubing, but I'm not too keen on cold water. And I'm wondering what the water level will be in May. If it's during a dry season, the water may be low (which would be a pain in the a**)

Two questions:

1.) Do any of the excursion companies offer group discounts?

Thought it would be pretty cool to get a group together on our Glory roll call.

2.) From a value perspective, is one better than the other? It looks to me like everyone enjoyed their experiences. I'd be interested if someone has done the cave tubing with more than one company, so a comparison can be drawn.

Thanks!

Mike

Archived