MSC Grandiosa disembark time?

claireruth

Hi all, I was wondering what time we should expect to be kicked off the ship on our disembarking day. 🙂  This is our first time on a cruise where people get on/off at each stop, so I wasn't sure how it worked compared to everyone embarking and disembarking at the same time.  Our embarkation city is Rome if that makes a difference.

We just got of Grandiosa, but in Barcelona, yesterday. The ship docked at 9am and we could disembark from 9.15am. 
I notice that we docked in Civitaveccia (Rome) from 7am. So it may be that you disembark from 7.15am if they follow the same pattern. 
I know that they wanted us out the cabin by 8.15 so they could start to clean it ready for the next guests.

I hope that helps.

As long as you vacate your cabin at the time indicated in your disembarkation instructions, you can hang out in public areas of the ship for a couple more hours. But if you leave your luggage out the night before, it will be waiting in the terminal at your assigned time, and I would be a little worried about letting it sit there for too long. 

But if you have all your stuff with you, you can stay on board until they make an announcement for you to please disembark already. 

14 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

As long as you vacate your cabin at the time indicated in your disembarkation instructions, you can hang out in public areas of the ship for a couple more hours. But if you leave your luggage out the night before, it will be waiting in the terminal at your assigned time, and I would be a little worried about letting it sit there for too long. 

But if you have all your stuff with you, you can stay on board until they make an announcement for you to please disembark already. 

It's obviously dependent on the specific cruise and circumstances, but just a comment that I was assigned for a 10:15 disembark at Barcelona a few days ago, but we asked to get off a little early around 9:45, but our luggage was already ready by the time we got down to the port. Not really sure what their procedures are, but luggage might already be down there for a bit even if you had an assigned time.

Also not sure if OP is trying to get off early or later, but I was able to just get off half an hour before their assigned time and didn't even have to meet in the assigned location - just asked the person at the line to get off the ship and they said we could get off. Might be able to get off as early as the ship allows, if you just ask.