ON LINE CHECK IN

Acrusa

3 minutes ago, Spotbattman said:

Finally sorted the photos. Now on to boarding time choice. As we are in a PH our paperwork suggests we get priority boarding. However our earliest choice in the drop down box is between 2 & 2.30pm.
My question is how binding is this time, and will there be a problem boarding if we arrive earlier as per our suite privileges? 
Anyone have any experience of this? TY

They maybe telling you the ship is expected in later than originally planned.

Biggest part of your question revolves around where you are boarding. Some ports will not allow you into the terminal area until your prescribed boarding time.

19 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

...and  in our Ticket Contract where consent was given for our September 2022 cruise:

"31. PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY:
<a. and c. deleted>
c. Guest agrees that Carrier may use facial recognition technology to facilitate and expedite Guest’s embarkation and/or debarkation and for health and safety purposes, as further described in Carrier’s privacy policy."

So, by agreeing to the contract (i.e., by boarding the ship), we agreed that facial recognition could be used for health and safety purposes.

The privacy policy I quoted was “updated December 29, 2022”  Concerning the reading of temperatures, the updated privacy statement says:

“COVID-19 and global health data  
For the health and safety of our guests and crew, we may process additional personal data during a pandemic or other global health crises. Passengers may be asked to undergo COVID-19 testing and provide us with proof of a negative result, disclose their vaccination status, and/or have their temperature taken. Temperature readings may be collected via thermal imaging cameras located on the gangway.”

3 minutes ago, RetiredLifer said:

The privacy policy I quoted was “updated December 29, 2022”  Concerning the reading of temperatures, the updated privacy statement says:

“COVID-19 and global health data  
For the health and safety of our guests and crew, we may process additional personal data during a pandemic or other global health crises. Passengers may be asked to undergo COVID-19 testing and provide us with proof of a negative result, disclose their vaccination status, and/or have their temperature taken. Temperature readings may be collected via thermal imaging cameras located on the gangway.”

Yes, so assuming the current Ticket Contracts are the same or similar to my September contract, O is not in violation of their privacy policy because the passenger has given consent to use facial recognition for health and safety purposes (along with embark/disembark process) which is combined with temperature checks.

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

They maybe telling you the ship is expected in later than originally planned.

Biggest part of your question revolves around where you are boarding. Some ports will not allow you into the terminal area until your prescribed boarding time.

TY. Boarding in Santiago on 7th Feb. Was just wondering if this is usual for embarkation and whether it relates to how quick the pax complete the check in form and therefore effectively missed an earlier slot. (Like reserving a table in the speciality restaurants 😂

34 minutes ago, Spotbattman said:

TY. Boarding in Santiago on 7th Feb. Was just wondering if this is usual for embarkation and whether it relates to how quick the pax complete the check in form and therefore effectively missed an earlier slot. (Like reserving a table in the speciality restaurants 😂

On O's website the theoretical embarkation time is 1 pm with a departure at 6 pm. Recently everyone has been able to sign up and show up whenever they want (or so it seems with no obvious priority). It may be that O has finally returned to a boarding priority system....possibly upper suites starting at 1 pm, penthouse at 2 pm, non-suites at 3 pm. I'm only guessing since a data point of one is shaky ground.

Edit: oops, I forgot the website shows the non-suite boarding time (1 pm), while the priority times are 11 am and noon. So, never mind...I have no clue why 2 pm is your earliest 🤪

Edited by AMHuntFerry
brain freeze
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Just finished on line check in. But video was not closed caption.  Being deaf is a problem lol I guess the video is pretty much self explanatory. 

Don't worry, you have to watch it again when you get onboard.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:15 PM, Spotbattman said:

I am in process of doing this too. I can upload the pictures but unable to crop them as per the instructions. Not sure if the pictures need to fit into the dotted circle or not. Can anyone with previous experience advise? 

There are 5 of going away soon and none of us could get it to fit, however the completion came up as done so we are assuming it is OK. If not they will quickly do it at port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, veggieonboard said:

There are 5 of going away soon and none of us could get it to fit, however the completion came up as done so we are assuming it is OK. If not they will quickly do it at port.

It was a pain. I had to take the picture with my iPhone - could not get my iPad to do it. The person taking the picture had to move forward and backward to get it to fit in and even then it didn’t look like it was successful but the picture did take. 
Just my experience.

• Like 1