Taormina Tips

Sailnsurf

Our upcoming Mediterranean cruise includes Taormina in late September. The itinerary shows tenders will be used.

In order to plan our day it would be helpful to have information about where tenders are likely to land, how one gets from there to the town itself and how one gets from there to the Greco Roman theatre. Some of our group will have mobility issues so availability of transport options would be useful to know. All tips would be appreciated.

Our upcoming Mediterranean cruise includes Taormina in late September. The itinerary shows tenders will be used.

In order to plan our day it would be helpful to have information about where tenders are likely to land, how one gets from there to the town itself and how one gets from there to the Greco Roman theatre. Some of our group will have mobility issues so availability of transport options would be useful to know. All tips would be appreciated.

Maybe sharing the cruise line will help, so that a member who has sailed on that line can offer experience?

I haven't sailed the entire coastline but from what I remember there really isn't a place that's deep enough for more than a small boat to land unless you go south to Giardini Naxos.

19 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Maybe sharing the cruise line will help, so that a member who has sailed on that line can offer experience?

I haven't sailed the entire coastline but from what I remember there really isn't a place that's deep enough for more than a small boat to land unless you go south to Giardini Naxos.

Thanks for this. The line is HAL and I did post on their board where I got what I needed. You are correct that ships anchor off Giardini Naxos and tender in to the pier there.