Celebrity Select Dinning - Anytime

Billtkat

When I booked our cruise I selected the anytime dinning option thinking that this was more flexible to how the day was going. Seems now that if I want to book a time frame for trip coming up on the Equinox the only times that show I can book are 8:15 pm & later -  Not exactly what I expected however 1st time on Celebrity and asking if maybe this is just to ensure a specific time or will I be able to have more flexibility once on board if I choose the main dinning room ? 

thanks 

Last week on Equinox, i had made reservations in mdr for each night, but there was no separate line for guests with reservations vs guests just walking up.    Attendents told me that reservations meant nothing.  If you showed up with a reservation, you still had to que with the walkins and were seated by your order of arriving.    I did not have any wait time on any of the 9 nights.    Some guests who came during 6:30 to 8:00 pm on a few nights had a short wait, but they were given a beeper and their wait was very short.    My card in my room told me best time to arrive was after 8:15 toavoid the wait.   I dined each night at 5:30 and it worked great