Taxi Cost to Boatyard?

Newfie-BB

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi ride from the cruise terminal to the Boatyard? Is the cost of the ride per person or for the car? There are eight of us going to the boatyard and if the cost is per person, this could get quite expensive if it were say $10 per person.

We were there in November....taxi cost was $3 pp to go to the Boatyard and there was also a fee to get in, however, that fee included chairs and a drink. I think it was $10 or $12.....I did a review of our day at the Boatyard back in December and the exact prices are in the review. The water there is beautiful and we enjoyed our day there.

Hi again - I found the review a few pages back and have pasted it here. Have fun in Barbados!

Review:We were on the 11/26 sailing of the HAL Maasdam. It was our second stop in Barbados. Last time we did the Sea Turtle and Shipwreck Snorkel, which was great, but we were in a beach mood this time and decided to go the The Boatyard which we found out about from this forum.

Barbados - Friday, Dec. 2

All clear was given to go ashore about 8 am. We were the first of four ships in port including the Veendam, Norwegian Spirit and Queen Mary 2. We left the ship about 9:45 and walked through the terminal building to the taxi area. There was a fellow in uniform at the door directing people to different areas for taxis. There were LOTS of people wanting taxis!! Our plan was to go to The Boatyard, a beach bar/restaurant, just a short ride from the cruise terminal. The line went fast, but the ride was slow as traffic was awful in Bridgetown. It was $3pp for the taxi to Boatyard. Once there we paid the $12pp entrance fee which included a drink and a beach chair and use of their water trampoline, rope swing, banana boat rides (during a limited time) and climbing iceberg. An umbrella was $2 more which we didn’t get, but probably should have…the sun was HOT. I checked out their gift shop, but there wasn't much there, which was too bad as I was looking for a sweatshirt (more useful than T-shirts in the Minnesota climate!) Beach wasn’t too busy at first, but got much busier later on. Lots of young adults....several of the young ladies did shed their tops. It was quieter on the end chairs. Walking in either direction, though, from the Boatyard, the beach was nearly deserted. About 2:00 we took a taxi back to the pier (there again, $3pp)….we were going to walk, as we could easily see the ships and terminal from the beach, but it was quite hot and we weren’t quite sure of the way. Would have been 2 miles, maybe. We were going to venture out shopping in town when we got back, but decided we were hot and tired and stayed in the pier area to shop. Kind of expensive and not much selection. Sailed away past the Veendam and QM2 with much saluting of ship’s horns and waving!

Archived