What's One thing a First Timer should know!!

Spazarelli

If you are planning to bring wine (or other beverage) for a "special occasion" be sure to bring an insulated mug of some sort to carry your drink in so you can drink it in public areas. icon_cool.gif

Valor Vampires 10/30/05

Valor 1/2/05

Imagination 11/27/04

Fascination 10/03

Holiday 10/02

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Hockeymom,

How was the cruise?

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;28;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise with Mom- Early 80th birthday celebration!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;06;10;15;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Since our 5/30/04 sailing on the Pride in aft cabin 4228!

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Ecstasy 09/13/02

join or start a roll call thread!The nicest people in the world are on these boards. Take the opportunity to get to know a few in person.

No longer a Newbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

since my first cruise with The TRIUMPH'S CRUISIN KRAZY CARIBE CREW

Bring ziploc bags of all sizes with you as you never know when you will need them. They are also great to pack smaller stuff in so instead of having 12 loose things in your bag you have only one bag.

Also make sure you take any type of OTC medicine you may need (Immodium, Advil, etc) as the ships store may not be open when you need them.

I agree with the other posts for the passport. They make life so much easier when traveling.

Shout Wipes are a necessity everyday. They have come in handy so many times I can't name them all.

Triumph 7/8/00 (Eastern)

Triumph 7/28/01 (Western)

Glory 7/26/03 (Eastern)

Fantasy 7/4/04 (4 Night)

drwestlake

thats too funny. I remember the first time I saw them throw my luggage I about died. But hey I give it a good toss myself these days.

Oh don't forget to take cheap ponchos from the dollar store, just in case it would rain. Can't let a little rain stop you. BUT we know its going to be sunny for all of us.

We always take our insulated coffee mugs with us. I get up before DW so I take ours up to the Lido Deck and grab a coffee and sit and watch the waves. Then I refill it and hers and head back to the cabin and have one waiting for her when she wakes up. (Slamming the door helps icon_biggrin.gif).

We also take them with us when we are laying out in the sun on the Lido Deck. They are great for ice tea or ice water too.

Dick

"To Sea or Not To Sea"

~~^~~Sea Ya!~~^~~

Destiny 02-28-99

Victory 02-24-01

Conquest 02-09-03

You have already gotten a ton of good advice from the people who have posted so far.

Here is a thread that helped my wife and I a lot before our first cruise last month:

Whats the one thing nobody told you to bring w/ you????

My main advice: Be flexible, have realistic expectations, let others get THEIR panties in a wad while you stay relaxed.

Bill

<FONT SIZE="4"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="1"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: Southern Caribbean, May 2004

Carnival Inspiration: Western Caribbean, December 2004</FONT></FONT>

"Warning: May Be Habit-Forming."

Be sure to check the balance on your ship board account mid-cruise or so. The sign and sail concept is a great one, but you can easily overspend if you're not careful. On a seven-night cruise, I always stop by the purser's desk to check the balance on my account on the fourth day of the cruise....at least that way, I won't pass out when I get the bill on the last day!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until 9 nights of pure joy in the Southern Caribbean!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005

Grand Princess - May 2003

NCL Sun - May 2002

NCL Sea - May 2000

Outdoor table cloth holders to hold your towel down on your chair at the pool. You can find them anyplace that sells camping supplies. Check your dinner assignment as soon as you get on the boat and if it is not to your liking go to the dining room and have it changed. Binoculars are also nice to have around.

Two things -

First - Select one pair of dressy shoes that go with all your dinner outfits. You will find you have enough shoes to carry when you add the sandals, watershoes, tennis shoes, etc.. so if you limit your evening (dinner) shoes to one pair you will have less to carry. Add wear new shoes a few times before the cruise to break them in. You will be doing a lot walking and you don't want sore feet the 2nd day in.

Second - Don't pack all your undergarmets in the same bag. They do sell undergarments in the gift shop - NOW. BUt when we went on our 2nd cruise I had packed 95% of our undergarments in one bag and of course that was the bag that went missing. It's a long story but it did reappear the night before we got off the ship. The giftshop on the Inspiration didn't have underware at the time so we spent many an hour washing clothes.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

05/04 Rhapsody

We did not have them, but we have heard that Walkie Talkies are very handy. I think I will check that out before my next one.

Bill

<FONT SIZE="1"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: Southern Caribbean, May 2004

Deb,

That is Peggy, our one year old. We have really enjoyed her. She is our first Pug.

Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks for noticing and commenting! icon_smile.gif

Bill

You will be hooked - a cruise is the very best vacation.....Don't get a table for two for the cruise - you can always opt out for a romantic dinner at one of the special restraunts - but make new friends. It's fun to come to a big table each night and meet & talk with your tablemates....our first cruise we aksed to be moved to a big table ( from our romantic table for two) - because everyone around us seemed to be having so much fun at their tables - we've sat at a large table every cruise since. Also - you can order more than one of anything you want.......enjoy yourself - and try new things...especially at dinner - if you don't like something - they will bring you something else.......Have FUN!!!!!!!! Bon Voyage - we fly out Wednesday - our 13th cruise - can't wait!

PRIDE 06/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

'004/12 4/12 PRIDE CRUISEajezine@usa.com

Pride 4/03

Inspiration 7/21/02

Pacific Princess '00

Magesty of the Seas '99

Big Red Boat '98 (cheerleader cruise)

Celebration '97

Norway '91

Southward '88

Sunward II '86

Starward '83

This is a great thread, even for those of us who have cruised before. I always find new ideas on the CC boards. Thanks for all the suggestions. I hadn't heard of Wrinkle Release until my sister told me (she's sailing away "right now" on the Conquest out of NO).

Walkie-talkies are a great way of keeping up with teens. I never really worry about our DD when on the cruise, but it's nice to know I can reach her if I need her.

7/10/04 Carnival Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Holiday 6/94

Dolphin Seabreeze 7/96 (now sunken!)

Carnival Paradise 7/99

Celebrity Century 7/02

Ginger is a known stomach calmer (think gingerale).

There are two wrinkle releaser that I know of one is Downey Wrinkle Releaser (sold in grocery stores) and the other is some spray that my mom got from Magellan one time. The stuff works great and is in a little aerosol can. The Downey is in a big bottle.

Triumph 7/8/00 (Eastern)

Triumph 7/28/01 (Western)

Glory 7/26/03 (Eastern)

Fantasy 7/4/04 (4 Night)

Fern, thanks for the kind words about our Peggy. She is very entertaining. I know how much you miss your dog. Are you going to get another one right away?

Other useful things on the cruise: we used those around the neck credential-holders for our Cruise Cards. Never had to worry about where they were.

This is a very good thread. Lots of good helpful ideas.

Bill

magellan is a co that sells lots of wonderful travel items and clothes. they also show a great way to pack your bag so your clothes arent wrinkled. go to their site www.magellan.com. i buy my clothes wrinkle spray at the dollar store. the generic brand works just as well as the expensive brand.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Archived