Packing questions

Hi all,

I'm on a transatlantic repositioning cruise (Splendour, April 24). The cruise is 12 days in length, but we are still only allowed two suitcases and one carry-on each.

From what I understand, this trip has three formal nights, three smart casual nights and the rest is casual.

What on earth do we pack and how do we make it all fit? I'm thinking we are going to have to avail ourselves of the laundry services at least once halfway through. I'm also open to skipping one of the formal nights and opting for the Windjammer.

What would you do?

For the man, bring one suit and wear it on all 3 formal nights, perhaps change the tie. For the lady, bring one nice dress and different jewelry to accessorize it with. Bring just one pair of dressy shoes. You don't know any of the people on the ship before you get on board and you will probably never see them again so who cares if they see you in the same outfit more than once. Don't burden yourself with extra luggage just to impress strangers.

For formal nights, I would pack one skirt and 2-3 different tops. (People really don't notice if we re-wear something.) Mix and match would work well for all of the other outfits.

Also, have you checked out the Cruise Fashion forum? Those ladies are fabulous at these things.

Have fun figuring this out!

Not to worry, it will be fine. We have been on a few 12 nighters, and to tell you the truth we have only had 2 formal nights. I agree with another poster, as I bring a long black skirt and different tops, no one will even notice. You can bring 1 suit and different shirts and ties for the guy. We bring 1 suitcase each for our clothes and a smaller one for shoes, 1 suit bag and a carry on each. The laundry services are so reasonably priced, you shouldn't have a problem if you need it.

Hi HOney's Gal,

We are doing a 13 night with extra on each end and I plan on packing exactly as I pack for a 7 night and using the laundry as needed! I don't want to fool with another bag and more "stuff"!

Hi Truffles2, glad to see you are still active on the boards. And, I assume still taking many cruises. Our next isn't until October, a 12 nighter out of Boston. Can't give up going out of Boston. Looking for a cruise to Hawaii for next May..

Take care

That sounds great, Honey's Gal. Wish we had a close port!!!!

New Orleans was our closest--about 7-8 hours and we did drive there for one a year or so ago so we are waiting for NO to re-open and Grandeur to be stretched....

Happy Cruising

Archived