Where Are The Excursions?

colingu

We are booked on a 7 night Celebrity cruise to the Norwegian fjords departing 18 Aug this year. Days 3-6 are all different port days. When looking at the shore excursions (apart from day 3 which has lots of availability) there are virtually no excusions showing or they are already sold out. Is this normal? We've never had this issue on the seversl Celebrity cruises we've sailed on before.

Edited by colingu

5 minutes ago, cw2go said:

This needs to be posted on the NCL board, you posted on ~X~ 

Ahh, no. It's a 7 night Celebrity  cruise to the Norwegian fjords! I've edited the original post.

Edited by colingu
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, colingu said:

We are booked on a 7 night Celebrity cruise to the Norwegian fjords departing 18 Aug this year. Days 3-6 are all different port days. When looking at the shore excursions (apart from day 3 which has lots of availability) there are virtually no excusions showing or they are already sold out. Is this normal? We've never had this issue on the seversl Celebrity cruises we've sailed on before.

We are on the same cruise and found the same thing with the shore excursions. Very disappointing as the cruise is still over 6 months away. Also tried to make reservations at The Porch and couldn't so I guess that's full also. Although we have cruised over 30 times, this is our 1st time on Celebrity and the 1st time we've ever run into problems booking excursions or dining reservations this far out. 

We are on the Apex in Norway summer 2024 and are watching the excursions very closely.   I watched a youtube video by Gary Bembridge which I found helpful.  He has also written an article, here is that link:

https://www.tipsfortravellers.com/these-7-things-throw-norwegian-fjords-cruisers-every-time/

.....anywho, what I'm getting at here, is there really are not that many excursion operators so it is very important to book early.  The season there is VERY short so demand for excursions is extremely high.  We already have several booked for 2024 but other of the ports don't have any listed yet......we are B2B in Norway, one of the cruises is the Arctic Circle cruise.  

• Thanks 1