Since Majesty's Drydock....

....anyone been on the Majesty since her drydock in January? I was wondering if the Windjammer was changed to individual stations rather than the buffet line type setup.

Can you tell me the changes that were made to her? I'll be sailing her again in April, and am curious what differences I might see since the last time I was on her in December.

Thanks!!

Michele

We traveled on Majesty of the Seas February 6 to 10 of this year. Though I keep hearing about the dry dock, if there was one, it was purely routine maintenance. There was no overhaul or redesign of the ship's interior or public areas at all.

The Windjammer has not changed. I mean by that the "inside" Windjammer which has two buffet lines serving the exact same food. At the "outside" Windjammer, there are some additional areas serving desserts or break fast food.

Captain Per told us at the reception for Crown and Anchor members that rennovation of Majesty has been postponed because RCI is building another Freedom class ship and then the Genesis ship. He said when they do a rennovation they will add a Johnny Rockets and a Jade restaurant, if I remember correctly...and I may not. The library will become a conference room.

We really enjoyed our cruise on Majesty of the Seas. Yes, she is a little worn from all her travels, but it was a fun, fun cruise. I prefer really big ships (Mariner, Jewel, etc.), so it was a very pleasant surprise to me that I enjoyed Majesty so much.

just sailed majesty 2 weeks ago.. been on her 9 times.. they just changed chefs 2 months ago and the food is great. no change in the majesty for now.. will be in short drydock later this year.. rumor is extended makeover next year.. if you can, ask to sit in head waiter "franscesco" area .he is our good friend. we know him for 14 years.. he suprised us with invitation to sit at captains table and have dinner with the captain .. fantastic treat... have a great cruise.... mike

Archived