Shore excursion v. passenger disembarkation

soccermom4

We are leaving in March for the 32 day South America cruise on Oosterdam.  In San Antonio (Santiago), Chile - some passengers will disembark and a new set may join us for the 2nd half of the cruise.  I have a private excursion booked at that port.  Does HAL use separate doors or something for those who are going ashore for the day v. those who are disembarking?  Is there any reason to adjust excursion times to account for this type of port?  TIA!

We were on the Oosterdam for the 31-day Miami - Buenos Aires cruise last Nov/Dec.

When the ship stopped in San Antonio, we left the ship on a day-tour we had previously booked. 

As we had planned being off the ship while the mayhem of some 1,000 people disembarking and 1,000 people embarking, I cannot tell you if they had separate gangways. I know on previous B2B cruises, people who were continuing on, just bypassed the check-in lines and went directly to the boarding gangway. 

We left the ship just before 8am and pretty well just walked straight off through the announced gangway. As we were leaving the ship, they were still telling people who were disembarking, to stop going to the gangway and the wait in their assigned areas until their number/color was called - so it seemed we were leaving before the main disembarkation started.

We returned just after 4pm and were able to board without delay.