Railroad depot @ Anchorage Airport?

tempoct

Just realize that there's one depot on the airport itself! That would be very convinient for me if I could get off the train here since I will be picking up the rental car right after that.

AFAIK, there's discussion that the depot is available for cruise transfer only :( but I'd like to ask again if that has changed. I can't find any info on both AKRR and ANC sites.

Is anyone know I could do that? I call AKRR but got only automated message which talking about something else. I will be boarding Seward-Anchorage train (6:30pm from Seward)

FYI, I email them and got reply fairly quickly.

Here's the message:

The Anchorage Airport Depot is currently being used for The Cruise Trains, which are contracted out by the cruise ships for the cruise passengers. The downtown depot, which you will travel to is 20 minutes from the airport.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

XXX

Lead Passenger Service Agent

Alaska Railroad Reservations

tempoct,

Thought I knew the answer but wanted to make sure. So I just got off the phone with the local phone number for reservations at the Railroad and the only trains that stop at the airport are the cruise ones. So if you have tickets on the Alaska Railroad then you'll be going to the depot downtown.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Tempoct.....I'll repeat again as I hate seeing confused people....the regular train leaves 6:00 pm sharp from Seward and not a minute later. You keep stating 6:30!!

You won't get much info from the railroad on the cruise contracted train. You MUST go through the cruise agency......and you will pay for it...$90 vs $60 ..same tracks and you miss out seeing Seward to boot. :(

Thank you all!

Yes, the train is leaving at 6p! I know that but somehow I keep saying 6:30!!!

I probably have to take a cab to ANC to get the car rental or stay in a hotel that provide shuttle to both places. BudgetQueen has recommend several choices of hotel in another thread :)

Archived