LGBT meet ups on NCL

Sydneyberlin

Goodness I feel dumb, I have always been a little envious about how many cruises "Dorothy" and "Bill" were on and that they were so popular they had special rooms for all their friends. Ugh I hope the clandestine naming was done at the request of the participants because otherwise that feels very 1950s.

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Goodness I feel dumb, I have always been a little envious about how many cruises "Dorothy" and "Bill" were on and that they were so popular they had special rooms for all their friends. Ugh I hope the clandestine naming was done at the request of the participants because otherwise that feels very 1950s.

Friends of Dorothy: LGBT gatherings 

Friends of Bill W:  AA --..Alcoholic Anonymous 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Friends of Dorothy was code back when we weren't so visible. I'm thankful to the previous generations, that I've never had to use the code. I still think Friends of Dorothy is a perfectly cute way to describe our gatherings (that I don't attend). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jsbultimar said:

I am on the Encore sailing Nov 3 Miami to Southampton (London).  When speaking with friends we use London as the destination because we are spending 10 extra days in London after debarkation.  People that are familiar with cruising are aware the Port Destination is Southampton, I rarely have to explain.  Also, I certainly hope my friends are aware a cruise ship cannot navigate the Thames. 😂

I am doing a transatlantic the other way in December. It We sail from Gran Canaria to Amber Cove (New York)  Whilst I know Amber Cove isn’t the port for New York, we will also be visit N.Y.C. as part of the trip, so  despite New York being nowhere near New York, I shall call Amber Cove, Amber Covenewyork from now on. 😂

Edited by Manchester is blue