Explorer Of the Seas Virus

I was on the Explorer of the Seas, and my problem is that they never informed any of the passengers as to what was going on. There were many rumors about the number of sick. If they informed the passengers, then they would have been more careful. There were no sanitizing stations out until Tuesday. Everyday, new precautions were being implemented, a little too late. The last 2 days you were not allowed to put your own food on your plate at the buffet. At dinner, the waiter wasn't allowed to touch your waterglass. I was on the Adventure of the Seas last year, and found that ship very clean. They had sanitzers everywhere. We ended up buying a bottle of alcohol in Costa Maya to wash our hands constantly. The cabin steward was told to report any sickness to security. If you were sick, then anyone in that cabin was to be isolated. I understand that things happen, but there are right and wrong ways to handle things.

Other Than The Illness, How Was The Ship? I Heard The Captain Was Not Good From Another Thread? Does The Ship Still Look Nice And Was The Staff Friendly? Any Other Comments Or Concerns About Your Cruise Would Be Appreciated. Im A Little Nervous Now Traveling With 3 Kids. And Having This To Worry About!

We were on Explorer in Feb. and everyone was friendly. I really don't know what was said about the captain, but he seemed really nice and very friendly. The ship is beautiful and the food was delicious....you have nothing to worry about.

Here is why nothing was said about the virus. Once you release information, you let out a can of worms, which in some cases lead people to start running around in circles yelling "the sky is falling, the sky is falling". (Figuratively, not literally)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, when you say that this virus is present, they really have no definate number to give out at all, plus, when you make the announcement, what happens is people start to worry about it, some more than others, and think they have the symptoms, and they really don't therefore overwhelming health staff, and the problem even more. (Nerves can cause nausea and even sometimes vomiting).

You should always be washing your hands, etc etc, no matter what, because this virus (AKA THE STOMACH FLU) is always on the ships just in very low numbers.

Archived