What is all this talk about a funpass?

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise in two years and am going on my next one in May. But, I have no clue what this whole funpass thing is about!! Can somone give me the break down on what exactly this does and if I have to/should do this? (I'm traveling w/a group of 8) Thanks and Gig'em!

~Elizabeth :D

Ecstasy 2000

Inspiration 2002

Holiday 2003

EF Tour to Scotland and London 2004

EF Tour to Germany 2005

Ecstasy 2006

You don't really "need" to fill it out online, but it does save some time during check-in at the pier. If you do not do it online prior to your cruise, you will need to fill out your immigration/citizenship information at the pier.

There will be two lines at the terminal at checkin. The Fun Pass line may look longer, but it goes MUCH faster. All your info that they usually ask at checkin is done online, so waiting time is less.

Cotton, I've NEVER seen 2 lines at the pier :confused: It was always just one long winding line....I've looked and looked for the "Fun Pass" line and even asked around but it wasn't anywhere to be found.

Well, I don't know what to tell ya.:D My last two cruises have been out of N.O. and Long Beach. Both times there was a sign that said "Fun Pass". The other line was directed by an employee to the checkin desk.

We have only cruised out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, and Los Angeles so far.

Our San Juan cruise was before the whole Fun Pass thing I believe. Didn't notice a separate line in any of the other terminals.

Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough and was too anxious just to get through the line and grab a drink of the day! :rolleyes:

We have only cruised out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, and Los Angeles so far.

All L.A. cruises actually sail from Long Beach...so I don't know - maybe you just missed it?:) (My cruise from there was in November.)

There was both a Fun Pass Line and a non Fun Pass line in Galveston, but since it was 2:00 when we checked in there wasn't a line at either. Checkin was quick because we had filled out our Fun Pass info on line - they just looked at out docs, ran our CC, gave us our Sail and Signs and we were on board!

San Juan has a funpass line, it was very fast and the line was much shorter when we went, we were near the back of the line and someone said if you have a funpass go to window 12, no one in front of us went to the window so we did, it took about 1 minute and we ended up being the first ones on the Ship.

Cotton, I've NEVER seen 2 lines at the pier :confused: It was always just one long winding line....I've looked and looked for the "Fun Pass" line and even asked around but it wasn't anywhere to be found.

There has been two lines in Galveston for several years. Yes, sometimes the non-fun pass line is shorter, but it's still best to have it completed so that you have the option of which line to enter.:)

I'm with you StacyandTim, we sailed out of Miami last September on Victory. There was no special line for FunPass. We looked all around and asked too. There was only one line and it moved quite slow! We thought the FunPass was a waste of time, but in retrospect, it was still easier to fill out the info on line rather than when the docs came.

btw...I'm from RI too. :)

Archived