Docking status at Peruvian ports?

soccermom4

I'm curious about the status of ports in Peru right now (Lima (Callao), Pisco (General San Martin).  I can see on cruise mapper that Oceania Insignia is supposed to dock at 3 Peruvian ports this week.  There is no activity over on the Oceania or roll call forums.  Is there any way to tell if they docked and/or were allowing passengers to disembark?  We'll be there next month - so just keeping an eye on the situation.

Oceania Insignia made a port call in Callao (Lima) today, per marinetraffic.com  She skipped her two other scheduled Peru port calls in Salaverry and Pisac. It appears they are wanting to reduce their Peru port calls. I'll speculate they made their Callao port call because they needed to take on fuel, food, supplies, and make some crew changes. Next port of call is Arica Chile.

Azamara Onward is presently on her way to Lima (Callao) from Miami, arriving Feb 11. She then heads back to Miami on Feb 13. I'll be on the Lima to Miami sailing. I will also be staying in Miraflores for several days before the cruise.

As to whether Insignia allowed passengers off, I cannot tell. However, I did notice that she stayed in port all day long (maybe 10 hours).

• Thanks 1

Just curious how people are figuring out skipped ports etc.  @MercruiserI tried marine traffic - cool site - but couldn't get "history".  Hoping that cruise lines figure out alternative ports if we skip Pisco and Callao.  Otherwise our cruise will have 7 days at sea between Chile and Ecuador!  Not quite what I imagined - but no controlling the political situation, of course.  Have a good cruise - and safe travels out of Lima.  Please let us know how it goes!

1 hour ago, soccermom4 said:

Just curious how people are figuring out skipped ports etc.  @MercruiserI tried marine traffic - cool site - but couldn't get "history".  Hoping that cruise lines figure out alternative ports if we skip Pisco and Callao.  Otherwise our cruise will have 7 days at sea between Chile and Ecuador!  Not quite what I imagined - but no controlling the political situation, of course.  Have a good cruise - and safe travels out of Lima.  Please let us know how it goes!

Insignia is on her 180 day world cruise. I was comparing the published itinerary and the actual ports on Marinetraffic. PM me and I can send you a link to the itinerary. It's on a TA site so I cannot post it here.