POM - B2B Harmony OTS to Carnival Celebration

bar1068

Wife and I have done a bunch of 14 day+ cruises, are finally "pulling the trigger" on a back-to-back, side-to-side...2 consecutive cruises...whatever anyone wants to call it! We're calling it our "2 Big A$$ Ships Cruises!!".

Anyway, question I have is what options might there be to get from the Harmony OTS to the Carnival Celebration at the Port of Miami? Looking at info for POM, looks like the HOTS uses berth A or AA and Celebration uses C or D. Is walking an option? We're more than capable to walk, but I can't figure if there is "safe path", sidewalk or whatever to walk from one ship to another? Looks like a taxi or Uber could be an option...rather avoid paying, but if thats best thats what we do. I also saw something about a trolly that does a "loop" around downtown Miami with stops as POM? Thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is more of a Miami question than a Carnival question so you'd probably be better off asking in the Florida forum than the Carnival forum.

Celebration uses Terminal F, for "Fun"

Royal is Terminal A

These are marked on the Google Map for Dodge Island so you can judge if you can walk it. There's always construction going on on Dodge Island and there is a lot of vehicular traffic, especially on turnaround days - so you'll probably have to cross the street a few times and stay alert etc. But I would consider it walkable but it is a fairly long walk as these berths are very big. The vehicles around the pedestrian areas aren't traveling at high speed generally.

Edited by mz-s

2 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

That's a very long walk from Terminal F to terminal a. It can be done without going into traffic, but you'll encounter a lot of pedestian traffic from the other ships in between.

I measured it at around 1.25 miles as the crow flies. More with having to cross Cruse Blvd a few times and follow the curves of the sidewalks. The good news is, it's pretty much dead flat.

• 4 months later...

For anyone that could stll be interested. Last month we completed our B2B from the RCI Harmony of the Seas followed with the Carnival Celebration.

When we boarded the HOTS, we went to guest services as suggested and asked them about arranging transportation from the HOTS to the Celebration. Unfortunately they only provide transportation between cruises on Royal, so that was out. 

After we debarked the HOTS the morning of the Celebration embarkation, we jumped into the taxi line and with the help of a person directing pax to the taxi's waiting, she flagged a guy down, told him where to take us and what to do when he came back to the Royal terminal. Rather quick ride to terminal F and the Celebration. I don't think the cab driver ever actually gave us a fare. I handed him a twenty, asked if that was good, and he thanked me and away he went, and we headed to the Celebration.

Walking just did not seem to be a safe and straight forward option. Way to much construction activity and traffic. But the cab ride was such an easy option, may not have walked even if there was a path.

• Thanks 1