NCL EPIC 2023 - Tel Aviv (Haifa) Embarkation Time ??

*MoonLady*

Not sure about your specific cruise by my Epic cruise last month had a departure time of 7 or 9pm from San Juan but boarding time was the usual Noon (as stated on docs but actually was around 1130).   What time does the ship get into port in the morning, that would be the driver if its later than normal...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 7:32 AM, *MoonLady* said:

Thanks, I am just trying to see if there is more time to explore Haifa. 

I myself was wandering if you can arrive 2 days earlier. Our cruise is in Nov 2025 way out there. Right now there is no deviations maybe because it is in 2025? 

On 2/3/2023 at 7:26 AM, *MoonLady* said:

Looking for information on possible boarding time for this type of cruise since sail away is at 10 pm. First time sailing the Med.

Thanks

Haifa and Tel Aviv are different cities, about 1.5 hours from one another by train. 

4 hours ago, bluenose1 said:

I myself was wandering if you can arrive 2 days earlier. Our cruise is in Nov 2025 way out there. Right now there is no deviations maybe because it is in 2025? 

I think most airlines open their schedules about 12 months out. One thing to keep in mind is that many services in Israel that are provided by agencies of the government pretty much shut down Friday evening to Saturday evening. 

Edited by zzdoug

Late departure times are relatively common in Europe, and I have done quite a few cruises where departure was after 7pm (including some where we haven’t left until after midnight).

Without exception, boarding has still started at around midday. You can usually check in and then leave if you want (I’ve never done this myself) and as far as I am

aware latest boarding time has always still been a couple of hours before departure (although again I’ve never been that late).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 5:01 AM, zzdoug said:

I think most airlines open their schedules about 12 months out. One thing to keep in mind is that many services in Israel that are provided by agencies of the government pretty much shut down Friday evening to Saturday evening. 

On 3/13/2023 at 1:01 AM, bluenose1 said:

Since we are sailing this year, we had our TA change the included flight to 2 days prior and after without issue. You may be correct that it is too early for you. If you do fly in early during Shabbot, you will be able to take a sherut to your hotel. There is a youtuber, Owen, who explains a lot about visiting Israel (no Haifa information), more focused on Jerusalem.

On 3/13/2023 at 5:57 AM, KeithJenner said:

Late departure times are relatively common in Europe, and I have done quite a few cruises where departure was after 7pm (including some where we haven’t left until after midnight).

Without exception, boarding has still started at around midday. You can usually check in and then leave if you want (I’ve never done this myself) and as far as I am

aware latest boarding time has always still been a couple of hours before departure (although again I’ve never been that late).

Very good to know. I have not flown into a different country to embark. I'd like to see a little bit of Haifa since the ship is not scheduled to sail away until later but we will see. I've been to Israel before but traveling with others who want to focus on Jerusalem.